Outpatient Ostomy Clinic
An ostomy is a surgical procedure that creates an opening in the wall of the abdomen to discharge waste from the bowel or the bladder. For some patients, life can seem overwhelmingly different following an ostomy procedure. The Outpatient Ostomy Clinic is staffed by nurses trained in the care and management of an ostomy. They are available before and after surgery to help patients and their families with education and support.
Our goal is to help patients adapt to life and return to a healthy, active lifestyle and normal activities as soon as possible after ostomy surgery.
Referrals to Kadlec's Outpatient Ostomy Clinic can be made by a physician. Call us for more information at 509-946-4611, ext. 5561.
Ostomy services at Kadlec include ostomy care, rehabilitation and support for patients and their families in an outpatient setting. The ostomy team works with patients of all ages and coordinates care with patients' physicians to provide:
- Pre- and post-operative education
- Assistance with stoma site selection
- Assistance with selecting and getting supplies
- Stoma and skin care assessment related to ostomy
- Lifestyle support and counseling
- Troubleshooting ostomy-related problems
- Formulating a plan of care
- Referral to other resources as needed