Kadlec Healthy Ages is a FREE membership program expressing Kadlec Regional Medical Center's commitment to the health care needs and concerns of the 50+ population. Healthy Ages is grateful to Kadlec Auxiliary for funding this essential program for our community through 2022.
Specially-trained staff that participate in CMS training each year to stay current on Medicare programs. Staff is available to assist you in finding community and national resources and services.
Each month, a health or safety topic is featured. You will receive updates on the monthly Wellness Program topic. Reservations are required for attendance; call 509-942-2700. The programs are currently hosted on a virtual platform allowing you to participate from the comfort of your home or office.
Medicare classes are being offered virtually. The Medicare class is designed to help you understand your Medicare benefits and how Medicare Supplement plans, Medicare Advantage plans, Medicare Part D Prescription plans and Retiree plans work with Medicare. You will be provided with current information to assist you in making well-informed Medicare choices. Call 509-942-2700 to schedule your phone appointment. Medicare materials will be emailed to you after your appointment is scheduled.
You will receive the Community Health Transmitter to help keep you informed of Healthy Ages Programs. The newsletter will highlight information on how to maintain your health and well-being.
The mall walking program is a great way to exercise and be incentivized to keep you motivated. At this time, due to COVID 19, Columbia Center is not opening early for the program. However, you are able to walk during regular mall hours as long as you follow the mall rules of keeping a mask on and staying six feet apart. As a registered walker, you can call healthy ages at 509-942-2700 to report your miles walked in the mall, on your treadmill or out in the community. Your miles will be tracked and you will receive prizes such as patches, t-shirts and fanny packs.
Healthy Ages is a proud sponsor of the free Vial of Life containers supplied to the community. The Vial of Life is a container that holds a document you fill out with your critical medical information. A magnet is supplied with the container that you place on your refrigerator door. In the event of an emergency, this magnet informs EMS that you have health information in the vial in your refrigerator or freezer. To receive a Vial of Life, please call Healthy Ages: 509-942-2700.
You may become a free member of the Healthy Ages program by filing out the online form below or by calling our office. If you would like more information about us, please call 509-942-2700.
- October 2017 - Movers and Shakers - Parkinson's Disease
- September 2017 - Prolotherapy, Michael K. Turner, MD
- April 2017 - Normal VS Not Normal Aging, KNRC Staff, Karen Hayes, Cathy Manderbach, Sue Pinard
- February 2017 - Electrophysiology: An Update for the Community
- January 2017 - What is Vascular & Interventional Radiology? Howard W. Sill MD, PhD
- November 2016 - The Land of Oz, Navigating OTC & Herbal Supplements, Shane R. Johnson, Pharm D.
- October 2016 - The ABC's of Cancer, Eric Gamboa, MD
- September 2016 - Mental Health Disorders, Stephan A. Hull, ARNP, FPMHNP-BC
- May 2016 - Hospice and Palliative Care, Janette Webber, RN, Tri-Cities Chaplaincy
- March 2016 - The ABC's of Fragility Fractures for the Experienced Life Traveler, John-David Black, MD
- February 2016 - Knees and Hips, Not What They Used to Be? John W. Staeheli, MD
- January 2016 - The Shoulder, David J. Gibbons, MD
- November 2015 - Understanding Chronic Pain, Anjan Sen, MD
- October 2015 - Why Does My Foot Hurt, Brian Freeman, DPM
- September 2015 - Preventing Falls, Paul Pietrzak, PT, Deb Sappington, OT
- May 2015 - Prolotherapy & PRP, Michael K. Turner, MD
- April 2015 - Low Dose Lung Screening, Barbara Wodehouse, RN, CRN
- March 2015 - A JOINT Effort: Team Care for Joint Replacement, Tracy Moran-Patton, RN
- January 2015 - The Effects of Aging on Joints, Tendon and Bone, D. Joshua Miller, MD
- November 2014 - Gotta Go: The Voice Inside My Bladder, Thomas S. Brinton, MD
- October 2014 - Know Your Pharmacist, Know Your Medicine, Shane R. Johnson, Pharm D.
- May 2014 - Podiatry, Douglas Murdock, DPM
- March 2014 - Managing Knee Osteoarthritis (OA), Mary Lynn Scovazzo, MD
- February 2014 - Understanding and Treating Heartbeat Irregularities, James, Kneller, MD, PhD, FHRS, CCDS
- December 2013 - Diagnosis and Management of Anorectal Disorders, Luay Ailabouni, MD
- October 2013 - Senior Care - Local Resources
- April 2013 - Memory Loss and Dementia Related Disorders - Wendy Hull, MSN, GNP-BC, Senior Clinic
- March 2013 - Chronic Kidney Disease, Wassim Khawandi, MD, FACP, FASN
- January 2013 - A Primer on Ailments of the Hands, Joshua Bales, MD