CHOC Childrens at Mission
CHOC Childrens at Mission
Always dedicated to providing exceptional care for every member of our community –including our littlest patients, Mission Hospital is proud to partner with CHOC Children's at Mission.
Located on the 5th floor of the Mission Hospital patient care tower 1, CHOC Children's at Mission Hospital is part of CHOC Children's regional health care network and operates as a separately licensed pediatric hospital with its own specialized pediatric medical staff.
To find out more about CHOC Children’s at Mission Hospital.
The specialty trained pediatric physicians at CHOC Children’s at Mission are dedicated to providing the highest level of care possible for children, from newborns to teenagers. CHOC's emphasis on exceptional treatment combined with family-oriented care helps families get back to health and back to enjoying life together.
As the only dedicated hospital for pediatrics in South Orange County, the surrounding coastal areas and north San Diego county, CHOC Children at Mission provides outstanding services for our youngest patients. These services include:
- A full-service Pediatric Medical/Surgical Unit for children who require hospitalization
- A fully-equipped Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) for critically ill or injured children, including those who require heart and lung monitoring or who are recovering from a trauma, illness or surgery
- A Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) that provides critical care for critically ill infants and high-risk births
- An Inpatient Epilepsy Monitoring Unit used to evaluate a child’s brain activity and behavioral activity for an extended period of time
- A Sleep Study Unit that offers private, comfortable accommodations and the latest technology to conduct routine sleep studies for children who have problems related to sleep.
- An inpatient Eating Disorders Program which treats anorexia nervosa, bulimia and binge-eating disorders in children, adolescents and young adults.
- A Child Life Program that provides children and their families age-appropriate support to help minimize the anxiety they might be experiencing during a treatment
Through a partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, CHOC Children at Mission has been able to provide state-of-the-art accommodations for families of hospitalized children. The Ronald McDonald Family Room and Sleep Room allows families to take a break and relax or gather to discuss their child’s progress. Parents of critical care patients may use the individual sleep rooms and shower accommodations to stay the night with their child in the hospital.