At Mission Hospital, back support means more than procedures. It means a supportive team of experts dedicated to helping you return to a life free from back and neck pain.
It begins with non-surgical strategies to help you avoid surgery whenever possible. When surgery is necessary, it means making expert use of minimally invasive techniques that minimize the impact of surgery on your body and help you heal faster. After surgery, the support continues with rehabilitation programs designed to help you safely regain movement, function and strength.
The highly experienced back-and-neck team at Mission Spine Center offers the full range of therapeutic options to treat all spinal conditions. We carefully coordinate a personalized treatment and rehabilitation program that matches your unique needs – because back support means more here.
Call us or complete our online form to request an appointment with our expert spine care team.
From conservative therapies to complex surgical procedures, we provide expertise in treating a wide range of back and neck conditions, including:
- Degenerative disk disease
- Failed back surgeries
- Herniated disks
- Lower-back pain
- Myelopathy (spinal cord problems due to compression in the neck)
- Radiculopathy (pinched nerves)
- Scoliosis (adult and pediatric)
- Spinal deformities
- Spinal fractures
- Spinal stenosis (narrowing of the spinal canal)
- Spondylolisthesis (slipped vertebra)
Many of our patients get excellent pain relief from non-surgical therapies, such as:
- Physical therapy
- Physical and rehabilitation medicine (physiatry)
- Pain-relieving injections
- Non-narcotic medications
- Epidural steroid injections
- Radiofrequency neurotomy, facet denervation and rhizotomy (injection procedures to quiet nerve pain)
- Disk biacuplasty (a treatment for damaged disks that uses heat to interrupt pain signals)
Our board-certified neurosurgeons are highly experienced in all types of spine surgeries and use minimally invasive techniques whenever appropriate. Conditions we treat include:
- Chiari malformations
- Chronic back and neck pain
- Degenerative back and neck disorders
- Herniated disks
- Spinal stenosis
- Spinal tumors
- Lumbar and cervical disk replacements
- Minimally invasive procedures offer significant advantages over traditional surgeries, including smaller incisions, greater surgical precision, less tissue trauma, shorter hospital stays and less scarring.
Mission Spine Center supports safe and healthy recovery through a team approach to rehabilitative care. Our services include:
- Inpatient, outpatient and in-home rehabilitation
- Physical, occupational and speech therapies
- Care from orthopedic-certified specialists
- Classes and health education programs for groups and individuals
- Work-hardening programs focused on rebuilding strength to return to work