The experts at the Providence St. Joseph Hospital Eureka Inpatient Rehabilitation Center work with you when you need rehabilitation therapy before returning home from the hospital. We provide personalized treatment plans that change and grow as you recover.
Our center ranks among the top inpatient rehabilitation centers in the nation for patient satisfaction and is accredited by the Joint Commission. This means you get experienced, high quality, cost-effective care.
We are equipped to treat many conditions, including:
- Brain injury
- Burn injuries
- Cardiac/heart conditions
- Multiple major trauma Injuries
- Neurological disorders
- Orthopedic injuries/surgery
- Speech conditions
- Swallowing conditions
- Spinal cord injuries
When you take part in our inpatient rehabilitation, we help you gain the skills you need to safely return home. We help you build strength, and we work with you and your family to create the support you’ll need once you leave the hospital. We focus on your behavioral, cognitive and physical needs.
Our services and treatments include:
- Assessing your abilities and available support
- Assessing any potential boundaries at home
- Building necessary skills
- Coaching your caregivers on how to help you throughout your treatment
- Creating a discharge plan
- Creating a treatment plan designed to fit the skills you need to live well at home (such as climbing stairs)
- Learning skills to overcome any barriers to discharge
- Planning follow-up services to coordinate and monitor your success
- Setting goals to overcome any identified barriers
- Teaching you normal movement and compensatory skills
Our team of acute rehabilitation experts includes:
- Case managers
- Occupational therapists
- Physical therapists
- Rehabilitation doctors
- Rehabilitation nurses
- Social workers
- Speech therapists
Dr. Charles Knoll has more than 22 years of experience in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PM&R) and has been the Acute Inpatient Rehabilitation Medical Director at Providence St. Joseph Hospital in Eureka since 2019. Dr. Knoll is a graduate of the Medical College of Virginia and Rehab Institute of Chicago – PM&R Residency Program. He served as the Director of PM&R Inpatient Consultation at Johns Hopkins University and was the Assistant Medical Director at the Eisenhower Medical Center, Acute Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit in Rancho Mirage, CA before joining the staff in Eureka.
Our inpatient rehabilitation program has ranked as a Top Performer since comparisons began in 2007. In 2020, our patient feedback put us in the top tier of the nation for overall patient satisfaction (Press Ganey).
Out of more than 800 acute rehabilitation units, St. Joseph consistently ranks in the top percentile in the U.S. for patient outcomes. This designation is based on performance metrics including complexity of disability and diagnosis, length of stay and discharge destination.
If you need rehabilitation treatment, give us a call: 707-445-8121, ext. 5646.
We’ll answer all your questions about the rehabilitation process.