When a health condition limits your ability to move, speak or care for yourself, the outpatient rehabilitation specialists at St. Joseph Hospital provide the therapy you need.
We offer occupational, physical and speech therapy services for adults and children. Your therapy plan helps reduce pain, improve your routine and develop healthy skills that help you thrive.
Our rehabilitation specialists include experts in back and neck pain, neurodevelopment, orthopedics, pediatric rehabilitation, pelvic floor therapy, sports medicine and total joint replacement.
Rehabilitation therapy treats many health conditions, including:
- Alzheimer's disease
- Amputations or joint replacement
- Back and neck pain
- Cancer rehabilitation
- Cerebral palsy
- Chronic pain and headaches
- Esophageal conditions
- Fractures, breaks and other injuries to the musculoskeletal system
- Hand therapy
- Laryngeal, oral or pharyngeal cancers
- Lou Gehrig's disease
- Neurologic impairments or tumors
- Orthopedic injuries or impairments
- Parkinson's disease
- Speech and language disorders
- Sports injuries
- Swallowing problems
- Temporomandibular joint (TMJ) dysfunction and jaw muscle disorders
- Traumatic brain injury
- Voice disorders
- Workers' compensation injuries
Our treatments and services are based in occupational, physical and speech therapy.
- Occupational therapy — We help you live better with an injury, illness or disability. We teach you skills and adaptations to live well at home, at your workplace and in the community
- Physical therapy — We create a plan to restore your ability to perform activities of daily living. We work to improve movement, reduce pain and prevent disability.
- Speech therapy — We teach you how to communicate more effectively or improve your swallowing. We design a plan to fit your needs. Your therapy can help you make sounds, improve your voice, or increase your oral or written language skills.
Specific treatments we provide include:
- Custom splinting
- Certified hand therapy
- Exercise programs
- Pediatric rehabilitation
- Strength building therapy
- Swallow therapy
Our therapists provide numerous exercise therapy programs specifically for people living with Parkinson’s disease. We help you find the right program for your needs. Our programs include:
LSVT Therapy. These occupational, physical and speech therapy approaches specifically target how people with Parkinson’s move and talk. The program helps you change how you perceive your own movements and speech. Learn about LSVT therapy at St. Joseph outpatient rehabilitation center:
Rock Steady Boxing is a physical therapy program for Parkinson’s patients. Learn about Rock Steady Boxing fitness classes at St. Joseph outpatient rehabilitation center:
PWR! Moves continues physical and occupational therapy training after you complete your prescribed physical and occupational therapy program. Learn about our classes: