When you need care for a lung or breathing condition, the specialists at Providence St. Joseph Hospital Eureka provide personalized treatment. Our team includes pulmonologists from the Providence Medical Group. We use advanced diagnostic tools and therapies to provide compassionate, effective care.
Our pulmonology team diagnoses and treats a wide range of conditions that affect the lungs and breathing. We treat:
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Cystic fibrosis
- Chronic bronchitis
- Interstitial lung disease
- Lung cancer
- Neuromuscular disease
- Occupational lung disease
- Pulmonary fibrosis
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Respiratory failure
- Shortness of breath
We use a variety of tools and techniques to give you the right care.
Many of our procedures use bronchoscopy. Our doctors use a thin tube with a camera called a bronchoscope to look inside your lungs. We use bronchoscopy for diagnosis and treatment.
Other interventional pulmonary treatments we provide include:
- Airway stenting
- Fluoroscopic bronchoscopy
- Photodynamic therapy
The endobronchial ultrasound procedure is the newest treatment available at Providence St. Joseph Hospital Eureka. This device combines an ultrasound instrument attached to a bronchoscope.
During an endobronchial ultrasound procedure:
- You are placed under local anesthesia
- Your doctor guides the bronchoscope into your mouth and down your trachea
- The endobronchial ultrasound device takes real-time pictures of your lungs
- Images display them on a monitor in the operating room
- Your doctor can pass a very thin needle down the bronchoscope to take samples of lung tissue or lymph nodes for testing
Learn more about the endobronchial ultrasound device.
We are thankful for generous donations from our community to the St. Joseph Hospital Foundation, which purchased the endobronchial ultrasound.