Acute Rehabilitation Program - Southern Oregon
For more than 30 years, Providence in Medford has provided acute rehabilitation services for patients recovering from stroke, neurological conditions, head injury, spinal cord injury, trauma, and orthopedic and amputee procedures.
We are recognized for positive patient goals and results, and excellence in stroke training, education and support.
Providence Medford medical Center is the only nationally certified primary stroke center in southern Oregon recognized by the Joint Commission.
In addition to our nationally accredited stroke and inpatient rehabilitation services, we provide the largest selection of outpatient specialty services.
- Physical therapy (Neurological, Orthopedic)
- Occupational therapy
- Advanced Balance and Vestibular Rehabilitation
- Aquatic Therapy
- Fall risk reduction
- Gait/Amputee/Orthotics Clinic
- Balance and Conditioning
- Cancer Therapy
- Cognitive Outpatient Program
- Driver Evaluation
- Hand Therapy
- Lymphedema Therapy
- Muscular Dystrophy Association Clinic
- Speech Therapy (Adult and Pediatric, bilingual)
- Sports Therapy
- Wheelchair Seating and Positioning clinic
- Women's Health
- Work Injuries
The outstanding outcomes of our patients illustrate the effectiveness of our multi-disciplinary team. That means you can expect the best results in your goal to regain your quality of life.
Our comprehensive care team includes:
- Board certified physiatrist, Benjamin Branch, D.O.
- Occupational therapists
- Speech-language pathologists
- Hand therapists
- A stroke coordinator clinical nurse specialist who coordinates treatment of acute stroke, from admission through rehabilitation
- Rehabilitation nurse specialists (CRRN)
- Certified physical therapists including:
- Assistive technology practitioners (ATP)
- Neurological certified specialist
- Geriatric certified specialist
- Orthopedic certified specialist
- Lymphedema certified specialist
- Certified hand therapists
- Vestibular rehabilitation specialists
- Rehabilitation admission and discharge planners
- Additional special training includes:
- Neuro-development technique (NDT)
- Wheelchair seating and positioning
- Balance and fall risk reduction
- Physical modalities