Our team at Providence Occupational Medicine – Newberg partners with companies in Northwest Oregon to provide safe, healthy work environments. Whether you need a driver exam, physical or vaccination, we’re here to support you and best practice health standards for your specific industry. People are your greatest asset, and we want to help them prevent work injuries and stay healthy.
Our team includes:
- An occupational medicine board certified medical director
- Medical doctors and advanced nurse practitioners specializing in occupational and environmental medicine
- Registered nurses
- Certified medical assistants and technicians
Our specialized medical team offers a full range of services at the clinic or your worksite:
- Audiometric testing
- Biologic monitoring
- Carpal tunnel testing
- Disease prevention
- Ergonomic evaluations
- Evaluation, treatment and case management for work-related injuries
- Driver exam
- Employment exam and wellness exam
- Medical surveillance exam
- Police exam and firefighter exam
- Pre-employment and basic health physicals
- Respirator clearance
- Government-mandated screening
- Pre-employment screening
- Transportation and railroad safety screening
If you’re planning to visit us, we ask that you bring a valid photo ID to your appointment. Please also bring the following if you are visiting for any of these reasons:
- Work injury: Bring your worker’s compensation insurance information.
- Exam: Wear loose, comfortable clothing and close-toed shoes. Bring a list of current medications and know why you take them.
- Department of Transportation (DOT) exams: Review the DOT screening medical condition recommendations before your visit.
Takes MedicationsBring a list of medications and dosages /or bring all medication bottles with you to your appointment. Know why you take your medications/what are they prescribed for and who prescribed them. Take your medications as prescribed before your appointment.
Blood Thinners (Coumadin, Warfarin, etc)Bring INR labs for medication monitoring
High Blood PressureTake your medication as prescribed, avoid a heavy meal and alcohol the night before your appointment. Avoid excessive caffeine or energy drinks before your appointment
Heart Condition/Heart Attack (Myocardial Infarction, Stent)Bring a Cardiologist note from within the last year indicating medical clearance for Commercial driving, exercise stress test within the last two years.
On Restricted or Limited DutyDriver will need clearance from their treating provider. Either completely cleared or cleared to Drive Commercial Vehicle. OK to schedule appointment but advise driver to obtain this information
DiabetesMost recent A1C results (fasting glucose). Take medications as normal and adhere to American Diabetic Association recommended meal prior to your appointment. ** Insulin users must have an ODOT waiver.**
Sleep Apnea/CPAP UsersSee your sleep doctor yearly and bring your usage log for CPAP use
Other Medical ConditionsMay be asked to provide records before DOT clearance is used
To schedule an appointment, give us a call, email us, or complete the online scheduling survey. We also accept walk-ins. Employers can sign up for the Employer Portal to access other information, such as consent forms.
If you have questions, please call us at 503-215-2890 or email the following based on your needs: