Providence Cancer Institute - Newberg
With expert advice, honest answers and experienced care, our board-certified medical oncologists and hematologists offer strong and steady support to patients with cancer and blood disorders during treatment and beyond.
At Providence Cancer Institute, we use a full team of cancer specialists to work closely with patients and their families to diagnose and treat cancer. This includes:
- Board-certified medical oncologists provide care at the forefront of medical technology and research, and they can provide patients access to many innovative clinical trials.
- Oncology-certified nurses educate patients on their disease process and treatment plan.
- Financial coordinators will help with insurance referrals, authorizations and financial assistance.
- Schedulers coordinate your appointments for return visits with our providers, infusion treatments, radiology, radiation oncology, physical therapy and other services.
- Oncology certified social workers support your psychosocial needs and provide resources and support for your emotional and practical needs.
Our team is inspired by our patients, and this encourages us to strive for excellence in meeting your needs.
- Anal cancer
- Bile duct cancer
- Bladder cancer
- Blood cancer/Hematology
- Bone cancer
- Brain cancer
- Breast cancer
- Carcinoid/Neuroendocrine tumors
- Cervical cancer
- Colon cancer
- Endometrial cancer
- Esophageal cancer
- Gallbladder cancer
- Gastrointestinal cancer
- Head and neck cancer
- Hodgkin lymphoma
- Kidney/Renal cancer
- Liver cancer
- Lung cancer
- Multiple myeloma
- Non-Hodgkin lymphoma
- Oral and throat cancer
- Ovarian cancer
- Pancreatic cancer
- Prostate cancer
- Rectal cancer
- Skin cancer
- Soft tissue sarcoma
- Thoracic (lung and chest) cancers
- Thyroid and parathyroid cancers
- Uterine cancer
- Vaginal cancer
- Vulvar cancer
When you first hear the words “it’s cancer,” the road ahead may seem overwhelming. But from that moment on, Providence Cancer Institute surrounds you with people to help you through the journey. Treating your cancer is not only about treating the disease; it is also about supporting you as a whole person – body, mind and spirit. Here are some of our key support services to help you get through your treatment and emerge as healthy as possible.
- Oncology nurse navigators work directly with your oncologists, surgeons, and care team to help you better understand and follow your treatment plans. The compassionate guidance of nurse navigators has been shown to improve treatment outcomes for patients.
Learn more about nurse navigators.
- Oncology social workers are trained counselors who help patients and families cope with the emotional stresses and practical concerns associated with cancer. Providence cancer patients and their families can benefit from our social work services.
Learn more about what an oncology social worker can do for you.
- Oncology nutrition. Cancer and cancer treatments can affect the way your body tolerates certain foods and uses nutrients. Our registered dietitians specialize in cancer nutrition and are here to help.
Learn more about oncology nutrition.
- Integrative medicine offers an excellent complement to conventional medicine to help patients achieve optimal health. Programs and services include acupuncture, chiropractic medicine, naturopathy, therapeutic massage and more.
Learn more about integrative medicine.
- Palliative care is a type of health care that focuses on improving your physical, emotional and spiritual health while you receive cancer treatment giving special attention to relieving pain and other distressing symptoms.
Learn more about palliative care.
- Cancer rehabilitation combines evidence-based cancer rehabilitation practices with services to address side effects and symptoms. The result is our patients recover their energy, well-being and quality of life more completely and quickly.
Learn more about cancer rehabilitation.
In addition to providing expert cancer care, Providence Cancer Institute provides an extra dimension of care through our many support services and cancer resources.
- Support groups provide education and support for cancer patients and their loved ones. Support groups are led by our professional staff and are offered as a free service to any person with cancer in our community.
- Peer support is offered by trained volunteers who provide one-on-one peer support for patients with cancer and/or their caregivers. It is an opportunity to talk about your fears or concerns with someone who comes from a place of understanding your journey.
Learn more about support groups and peer support.
- The Living Well Guide is designed to provide our patients with one reference for all contact numbers, support services and self-care information.
- The Living Well Through Cancer Treatment and Beyond Video Series will give you information, support and hope. Each video features patients who share their stories and experiences with helpful advice from cancer care experts.
Learn more about Living Well Guide & video series.
Both the Living Well Guide and the video series are available in several languages.
- Financial resources
- Guest housing
- Lending libraries
- Rehabilitation services
- Transportation resources
- Wellness classes
- Screening and prevention
Providence Cancer Institute of Oregon
We're Transforming Cancer Care
The Providence Cancer Institute is the leading provider of cancer care in Oregon committed to making a positive difference in every life we touch. Our patients are at the center of everything we do.