Bariatric Wellness Center
Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center San Pedro
More energy. Better health. Greater well-being.
There’s so much to gain from losing the weight. We can help you achieve it.
The Bariatric Wellness Center at Providence Little Company of Mary San Pedro offers comprehensive surgical and non-surgical weight loss programs tailored to your personal health, goals and preferences. Our positive approach to weight loss is holistic, which means that we provide ongoing physical, nutritional, emotional and spiritual support to help you realize the health gains you deserve.
According to the National Institutes of Health (NIH) guidelines, you may be a candidate for bariatric surgery if at least one of these applies to you:
- You weigh 100 or more pounds over ideal body weight
- Your body mass index (BMI) is greater than 40, or greater than 35 if you also have a serious weight-related health condition such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, hypertension or sleep apnea
- You have weight-related problems and restrictions in mobility, work and performance of family responsibilities
Know Your BMI
This tool is for adults and is not intended to replace evaluation by a healthcare professional.
Whether you choose a surgical or non-surgical weight loss program, you’ll receive education, nutritional guidance, counseling and lifelong follow-up support. Our bariatric services include:
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Gastric banding (lap band)
- Vertical sleeve gastrectomy
- Roux-en-Y gastric bypass
- Body contouring
- Revisional procedures
- Medically supervised weight management programs
- Personalized exercise programs
- Consultation with registered dieticians
- Counseling with psychologists who specialize in weight loss
- Support groups before and after surgery
Most insurance plans accepted.
Each of our bariatric professionals and specialists understands the challenges of unhealthy weight. We work with you to make sure your weight loss program is comfortable, efficient and tailored to your needs. Our bariatric team includes:
- Bariatric surgical specialists
- Registered nurses
- Nurse practitioners
- Physician assistants