For more than 30 years, Providence Little Company of Mary Recovery Center has offered a premier chemical dependency rehabilitation program addressing the needs of the chemically dependent and their significant others. Certified by the Joint Commission, our inpatient and outpatient programs evaluate each patient holistically and treat them with the respect and concern they deserve.
We treat chemical dependency as a primary, progressive and chronic disease. We provide a supportive and healing environment that encourages individuals and family members to fully participate in the treatment process to ensure optimal response to treatment.
Our Recovery Center staff provides the personalized care and attention needed to maximize the success of each patient’s recovery. In order to provide this best-in-class treatment, our recovery center is staffed with:
- Board certified addictionologist
- Board certified physicians
- Board certified psychiatrists
- Nurses Certified addiction and substance abuse counselors
- Licensed therapists
- Skilled operations staff
Our full-spectrum of empathetic care includes detoxification, inpatient treatment and a wide range of aids and services for our outpatients.
Whether patients self-refer to our program, or are referred by a friend or medical professional, our goal is always the same: to help each patient and their loved ones understand the complexities of addiction and how to effectively manage it.
Every patient is backed by a personalized counseling team that advocates for them and provides a customized blend of services. These services include:
- Medical examination
- Nursing assessment
- Psychosocial assessment
- Psychiatric evaluation (if needed)
- Individualized care plans
- Medication management
- Dual diagnosis/ co-occurring disorders (in conjunction with our inpatient mental health program)
- Individual/group counseling
- Addiction education and life skills
- Relapse prevention
- Pastoral counseling
- 12-step meetings
- Fitness activities
- Alumni activities
We accept inquiries and admissions 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
We will also need a consent form from the patient. First and foremost, this consent form protects the patient's right to privacy by clearly defining those entities with whom we can communicate regarding the health information we have collected and the recommended treatment plan. This form also gives the Recovery Center permission to verify medical coverage. It is imperative that we are able to reach the patient to discuss this information. If you leave a message for an admissions team member, please be sure to leave clear, complete information, including a phone number where the patient is guaranteed to be reached.
For questions about our inpatient, partial inpatient and outpatient programs, please call 310-514-5300.
As an inpatient at The Recovery Center, please bring the following items with you:
- Toiletries - toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, brush, comb, soap, stick deodorant, electric razor, and lotion (No toiletries with alcohol are allowed. For example, some mouthwashes contain alcohol).
- Comfortable clothes - enough for approximately five days. The Recovery Center has a washer and dryer and provides detergent free of charge.
- A lightweight jacket (in case the weather changes).
- If you smoke, please bring your own cigarettes and matches. Smoking is allowed outside.
- Prescribed medications - bring to admission or list completely, along with dosage, times taken, and reason needed (blood pressure, asthma etc).
- Pocket change or a calling card for pay phones. CELL PHONES ARE NOT ALLOWED. Many patients bring a roll of quarters which can be used for the phone and snack vending machines. (The Recover Center provides all meals and also opens our stocked kitchen at various times during the day for between-meal snacks.)
- Reading material - only 12-Step Recovery or Spiritual Reading materials (like a Bible) are allowed.
Addiction affects the entire family. At the Recovery Center, treatment is a family program. In addition to the programs tailored to meet the needs of the addict, our family program is directed to help both the addict and their co-dependents. Anxiety and stress created by keeping the "family secret" can cause physical and emotional problems in children and other family members.
Family participation historically leads to more positive outcomes for individuals who participate in a structured treatment program. Our family group sessions offer a unique opportunity to get support, information and feedback in a positive learning environment.