Why Choose St. Joseph Hospital?
- Accredited as a Center of Excellence for Robotic Surgery by the Surgical Review Corporation (SRC)
- The first hospital in Orange County to perform artificial hip replacement, knee replacement and elbow replacement surgeries
- Our care is driven by our values of compassion, dignity, justice, excellence and integrity
- Named one of the Best Regional Hospitals in the Los Angeles/Orange County Metropolitan Area by U.S. News & World Report with high-performing ratings in hip replacement and knee replacement
- One of the first hospitals in Orange County to offer Mako Robotic-Arm Assisted Technology for total knee, partial knee and total hip replacement procedures
St. Joseph Hospital’s comprehensive orthopedic services, advanced treatments, leading edge technology and comfortable healing environment hasten each patient’s recovery and results. Our integrated and empathetic care, rendered by a team of professionals with an extraordinary breadth of orthopedic and sports medicine experience, truly set us apart. Together, we work to ensure that your plan of care is tailor-made for your needs and desires.
At St. Joseph Hospital we work to care for each patient in body, mind and spirit. This holistic approach to care along with a depth of orthopedic knowledge and the most advanced facilities results in the best outcomes for our patients.
Our spacious, “smart” operating room suites are fully equipped with state-of-the-art tools for successful surgeries. They feature:
- Robotic joint-replacement technology and GPS navigation systems for unparalleled precision in the operating field and maximum preservation of healthy bone and tissue
- A special Hana® surgical table for less invasive, anterior approach hip replacements
- 3D monitors and sophisticated lighting systems to amplify visualization
- The latest laminar flow air filtration system for a “clean zone” around the surgical field
- Digital integration, putting the patient’s information at the surgeons’ fingertips
We are pleased to offer a nursing unit specially designed for orthopedic patients. This safe and serene facility offers:
- A dedicated, 30-bed orthopedic floor with nearly all private rooms
- Couch beds for visitors’ overnight stays
- TV with on demand movies
- Internet, email and wireless communication access
- Healing Garden for meditation and wellness
Accredited as a Center of Excellence for Robotic Surgery by the Surgical Review Corporation (SRC), our Orthopedics program is recognized as among the best in the country in this specialty while providing the highest quality of care and patient safety.
Our robotic orthopedic surgeons have years of experience in performing minimally invasive, innovative and reliable hip and knee replacements with Stryker MAKO Robotic Arm-Assisted technology.
We were among the first in Orange County to offer this technology and have remained at the forefront of advances in surgical techniques and technology to make these procedures increasingly safe and effective.
Advantages of MAKO robotic-arm assisted hip and knee replacement over traditional arthroplasty stem from greater visualization and thus improved precision in implant placement. Optimal outcomes are achieved by:
- Reducing risk of hip dislocation
- Reducing risk of revisions
- Reducing hospital readmissions
- Preserving healthy tissue, bone and blood, resulting in speedier full recoveries
- Providing greater post-operative pain relief
- Achieving greater accuracy in leg length equality
- Aiming for longer implant survival
MAKO provides patients and their surgeons with a personalized surgical plan based on the patient’s unique anatomy. A CT scan of the diseased hip or knee joint is uploaded into the MAKO system software to create a 3D model of the joint. The surgeon uses the model to pre-plan the procedure. Having this additional information enables the surgeon to determine the optimal size, placement and positioning of the implant.
Learn more about MAKO technology
Along with a one-of-a-kind preoperative education program and postoperative care tailored to your needs, our team of orthopedic specialists offer services for many conditions, including those located in the:
Our multidisciplinary team of orthopedic doctors, surgeons and physical therapists are experienced in helping you restore optimal function in your bones and muscles. Together, they are able to provide focused treatments and improve your overall quality of life.
The core team includes:
- Orthopedic Surgeons
- Foot and Ankle Specialists
- Joint Specialists
- Neurological Surgeons
- Spine Specialists
- Registered Nurses
- Physical Therapists
- Case Managers
List of Collaborators/Comprehensive Care for Joint Replacement
St. Joseph Hospital is an award-winning provider of orthopedic excellence, and has consistently been named as one of the nation’s High Performing Hospitals in Orthopedics and hip fracture by U.S. News & World Report. We are known for delivering orthopedic excellence in complex and minimally invasive surgeries and nonsurgical orthopedic care because our foremost concern—patients’ optimal wellness—keeps us at the forefront of orthopedic medicine.
Joint Replacement Surgery Patient Education
Are you undergoing joint replacement surgery? Providence offers free preoperative education designed to prepare patients for their upcoming total hip or knee replacement surgeries. For your convenience, we offer either a live virtual class or an online video series.
To register for the live virtual class, call 877-227-3457.
Take our joint pain assessment quiz
Joint pain can prevent you from doing daily tasks and enjoying everyday life. That’s why it’s important to protect your joints now. Take our brief quiz to help you better understand the condition of your joints. Based on your results, we’ll offer helpful treatment options.