Find out how to reduce your risk of heart disease.
Call 844-509-7768 or complete the form to request an appointment.
Heart and Vascular Center
Heart and Vascular Center
Recognized by U.S. News & World Report as one of the nation’s High Performing Hospitals for aortic valve surgery, heart attack, heart bypass surgery, heart failure and Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR), St. Joseph Hospital continues to be a leader in cardiovascular services, offering optimal treatments in a comfortable and enriching environment.
Trusted team of experts
Our multidisciplinary team of professionals and specialists are experienced in the care and treatment of patients with cardiovascular disorders. Our core team includes:
- Cardiothoracic surgeons
- Vascular surgeons
- Interventional radiologists
- Nursing staff and specialty-trained technicians
- Wellness coaches
With comprehensive cardiovascular procedures and diagnostic exams, our cardiac team evaluates symptoms and provides treatment for heart issues such as:
- Aortic Valve Stenosis
- Aortic Valve Regurgitation
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Chest Pain
- Congenital Heart Disease
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Heart Attack
- Heart Disease Risk Factors
- Heart Failure
- Mitral Valve Stenosis
- Mitral Valve Regurgitation
- Rheumatic Heart Disease
- Sinus Bradycardia
- Ventricular Tachycardia
Heart disease and stroke can affect anyone, regardless of age, ethnicity, gender or income level. Our comprehensive cardiac and vascular services includes open heart surgery, percutaneous structural heart procedures, progressive coronary interventions, chronic total occlusion procedures, interventional radiology and peripheral vascular procedures.Diagnostic evaluations include:
- Cardiovascular CT and MRI
- Cardiac Catheterization
- Cardiac Stress Test
- Electron Beam Computed Tomography (EBCT)
- Stress Tests
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)
- Endomyocardial Biopsy
- Holter Monitor
- Nuclear Studies
- Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD) Screening
- Tilt Table Test
We are committed to improving and maintaining your heart and vascular health by providing comprehensive diagnostic, treatment and prevention services. We offer:
- State-of-the-art diagnostic and treatment technologies
- Highly trained physician specialists
- Experienced nurses and technologists
- Individualized education
- Leading edge treatments and innovative therapies guided by evidence-based knowledge, including:
- open heart surgeries
- percutaneous (through the skin) structural heart procedures
- progressive coronary interventions
- Chronic Total Occlusion (CTO) procedures
- interventional radiology
- peripheral vascular (blood vessels in the extremities) procedures
- Active participation in clinical research studies
- Comprehensive Aortic Center
- Heart Failure Program
- Heart Screenings
- Healthy Lifestyle Series
- Structural Heart Disease Program
- Free screenings for military veterans - call (855) BUTKUSD (288-5873) for information
- Discounted screenings for first responders - call (855) BUTKUSD (288-5873) for information
If your doctor recommends cardiac rehab for your recovery, please complete the following intake form.
St. Joseph Hospital's Heart and Vascular Center physicians participate in a number of leading-edge research and clinical trials to improve patient outcomes. Participating in a clinical trial through the St. Joseph Heart and Vascular Center offers you a unique opportunity to:
- Potentially improve your condition using a new medication or technology
- Access therapies otherwise not available
- Maintain close contact with your health care team via easily accessible research coordinators
- Further clinical knowledge that will advance care for many others in the future
Our clinical trial selection process prioritizes patient safety and the potential effectiveness of each new therapy. We undertake care-changing heart and vascular clinical trials that are supported by the National Institutes of Health, national non-profit research organizations as well as industry. Advanced capabilities and a highly successful clinical trial track record have made us one of the busiest study sites for clinical trials, also known as clinical intervention studies, in Southern California.
Consenting patients undergo a thorough screening process to qualify for each study. If you have the potential to benefit from the trial, your participation will involve carefully defined criteria and timeframes. Throughout the study, you will remain under the medical management of your primary physician.
Our clinical research team consists of physicians who are experts in their field and who continuously seek better ways to treat and help their patients. Working with these physicians are two dedicated research coordinators who have more than 20 years of research experience combined. The coordinators are easily reached during office hours for any questions you may have by phone or email.
For further information, please contact Sandy Chung, RN, BSN, CCRC, Principal Clinical Research Coordinator: 714- 744-8795; Email: email@example.com.
Review and download a list of St. Joseph Hospital's cardiac and vascular studies.
Schedule an appointment
Call 844-509-7768 or fill out our online form to request an appointment with our expert heart care team.