Back Support Means More Here
At St. Jude Medical Center, back support means more than performing procedures. It means offering the entire range of today’s most successful solutions to neck and back pain.
Our expertise extends from our Back Pain Program, which specializes in advanced, non-invasive treatments, to state-of-the-art surgical solutions for more complex problems. So, whether the cause of your pain is a simple muscle strain or a complex neurological issue, we’ll tailor the right care to your specific condition – because back support means more here.
A jet ski accident left him paralyzed. He left Providence on his own two feet. Watch the video to learn more about Randy’s story.
Call us or complete our online form to request an appointment with our expert spine care team.
With experts in orthopedic surgery, neurosurgery, physical medicine and rehabilitation, pain medicine, physical therapy, and interventional radiology, we specialize in all aspects of spinal disease, injury and pain, including these conditions:
- Disk degeneration, herniation and instability
- Dislocations and spinal fractures
- Failed spinal surgery
- Flat back syndrome
- Infections of the spine (osteomyelitis)
- Myelopathy (spinal cord problems caused by compression in the neck)
- Radiculopathy (pinched nerves)
- Muscle strains
- Neurologic disorders affecting the spine
- Post-traumatic conditions
- Spinal deformities (kyphosis, scoliosis, spondylolisthesis)
- Spinal stenosis
- Spinal tumors
- Sports-related injuries of the spine
Back Pain Program
Your care with the St. Jude Back Pain Program begins with a thorough assessment of your spine and musculoskeletal system by a physical therapist with expertise in neck and back pain. Most conditions can be treated successfully with non-invasive therapies. However, if you need more advanced imaging or surgical care, our physical medicine and rehabilitation physicians will guide you through the next steps.
Our experienced physical therapists specialize in evidence-based approaches to back pain, including:
- Therapeutic exercise
- Myofascial release
- Aquatic therapy
- Supportive services
We provide access to supportive services to enhance your healing, such as:
- Weight-loss programs
Our experienced surgeons offer the latest surgical options, including:
- Anterior lumbar interbody fusion
- Artificial disk replacement
- Cervical fusion
- Interlaminar stabilization
- Interspinous fusion
- Micro endoscopic posterior diskectomy
- Posterior lumbar interbody fusion
- Sclerosis surgery
- Spinal cord stimulation
- Spinal fusion
- Transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion