Prevent T2 is a CDC-recognized National Diabetes Prevention Program. This year-long program is based on the Diabetes Prevention Program study, which found that losing weight and being moderately active for at least 150 minutes per week cut the risk of developing type 2 diabetes by 58% and reduced the risk of heart disease as well.
In the Prevent T2 Program, you will receive education and resources to help you lose weight and make long-term lifestyle changes to prevent or delay the onset of type 2 diabetes. This program will teach you how to eat healthy, increase physical activity, manage stress, problem-solve, and stay motivated.
Is this program right for me?
This program might be a good fit for you if you have been diagnosed with prediabetes or are at risk of developing type 2 diabetes. Not sure if you are at risk? Take this short, prediabetes risk test to see if you are at increased risk for developing prediabetes and type 2 diabetes.
Goals of the program:
- Lose 5-7% of your body weight.
- Participate in 150 minutes of physical activity each week.
- Learn more about improving healthy eating and increasing physical activity.
- Learn how to problem-solve and stay motivated.
- Work towards healthy lifestyle goals with weekly accountability.
How it works:
- Participate in a one-year program that includes 13 weekly sessions, followed with four bi-weekly and six monthly sessions for ongoing support and guidance.
- Keep a food log and meet a daily calorie goal.
- Track your physical activity with a goal of 150 minutes per week.
- Privately weigh-in each class session to track progress.