Providence internal medicine specialists are dedicated to your complete care. Through long-standing relationships with each patient, our physicians provide care to individuals who need ongoing treatment, including patients with various health issues that require collaboration with specialists and patients with multiple medications who may benefit from additional oversight and monitoring.
By focusing on the whole patient, internists at Providence are able to provide effective diagnosis and treatment, as well as disease prevention for each individual case. Drawing on their comprehensive training, internal medicine physicians help you prevent illness through health education, management programs, diet, exercise, screenings and immunizations. Preventing disease and promoting wellness, through diet and exercise, are important elements in the lifelong relationship you and your doctor will develop.
If you have multiple health issues that require collaboration with specialists or if you take various medications that require oversight, you may want to consider seeing an internal medicine physician. An internal medicine provider cares for adults 18 or older and is considered a primary care doctor.
Your primary care physician at Providence can help you achieve optimal well-being through their expert services, which include:
- Preventive care, screenings and immunizations
- Sick and urgent visits
- Care of skin disorders
- Heart health (hypertension, blood pressure management, cholesterol management, etc.)
- Respiratory care (asthma, bronchitis, emphysema, etc.)
- Hormonal healthcare: thyroid and metabolism
- Back and joint treatments
- Gastrointestinal care
- Ear, nose and throat care
- Diet, exercise and nutrition education
- Care programs for anxiety and depression