Community Health Investment
Community Health Invesment
At Providence, we are committed to improving community health through purposeful investments and partnerships across all seven states we serve. Called by our Mission and driven by our belief that Health is a Human Right, we are steadfast in serving all with a special focus on our most vulnerable neighbors. This core purpose guides the intentional way we approach our $1.5 billion community benefit investment, and how we continue to address health and wellbeing in our communities.
In practice, we work in close partnership with local organizations to address our communities’ most pressing needs, informed by our Community Health Needs Assessments (CHNA’s). We bolster the work of our partners as change makers by leveraging our resources to collaboratively develop innovative ways to promote health and community engagement, reflected in our Community Health Improvement Plans (CHIPS).
Our community health investment is broadly based in these categories:
- Community health improvement and strategic partnerships
- Health professions education and research
- Subsidized health services
- Free and discounted care for the uninsured and underinsured
- Unpaid cost of Medicaid and other means-tested government programs