The second year of the pandemic challenged all of us in ways we could never have foreseen. Throughout these difficult times, Providence, Swedish, Kadlec and PacMed have been unwavering in our support of people across Washington state through our community benefit investments.
Supporting our communities is integral to how we partner with local organizations to ensure health needs are met, especially for those who are poor and vulnerable. We work to address the immediate needs of our neighbors while also looking toward the future. The Providence family of organizations invests to help build a more equitable and sustainable future by supporting organizations, programs and initiatives throughout Washington that create lasting change and improve health and well-being in the communities we serve.
As part of our commitment to be our communities’ health partner, we invested $663 million in community benefit during 2021.
All across Washington state, our family of organizations invested in patient support and partnerships that include:
- Financial assistance to 58,172 qualifying patients across the state
- Longstanding financial and equipment support for a free clinic in the Tri-Cities region
- Skilled, culturally competent community health workers serve patients in the communities of Southeast Washington
- Support for survivors of abuse and their families with holistic care including therapy services in the North Puget Sound
- Care navigators help Seattle patients find the best medical and social services outside the emergency room
Our caregivers make these partnerships possible by caring for all who come to us, regardless of their ability to pay. They have persevered through difficult circumstances to serve the people of Washington with unforgettable compassion.
Please join us in learning about and celebrating our 2021 community benefit investments.
- R. Guy Hudson, M.D., MBA, President, Operations and Strategy, Puget Sound Region
- Joel Gilbertson, Chief Executive, Washington and Montana