Removing Barriers to Care
Improving access to care and coverage are among several important social determinants for enjoying a healthier life. By meeting people where they are in the community, regardless of their circumstances, Providence is removing obstacles to care. We’re strong advocates for preserving and expanding coverage of crucial safety net programs, especially in times of crisis. Our report highlights:
- How community health workers are reaching underserved people
- Meeting people where they are to bridge health gaps
- Advocating for affordable care, including Medicaid
- Increasing mental health and substance use treatment
- Ensuring equitable distribution of lifesaving COVID-19 vaccines
Stories of Healing and Hope
After lifesaving treatment at Providence and learning she qualified for financial assistance, Agnes is now able to care for her elderly parents.
In Tri-Cities, Wash., Kadlec supports Grace Clinic, which provides free care to those in need.
Providence provides care and counseling for abuse and assault survivors in Everett, Wash.