Welcome to Southern California's 2022 Annual Report
So much of what we do to improve the health of our communities occurs outside our hospital walls. In the traditions of our founding sisters, we partner with like-hearted organizations to provide care, housing, food and other critical resources to the poor and vulnerable.
In 2022, Providence Southern California invested $564 million in community benefit across a large swath of the region. Driven by our vision of health for a better world, Providence ministries and affiliates in Southern California provided:
- $457 million to cover the unpaid costs of Medi-Cal and other means-tested government programs.
- $37 million in free and discounted care for the uninsured and underinsured.
- Free produce for 365 households from the Providence Wilmington Activity Center’s farmers market in Los Angeles County.
- Supportive housing, health care, assistance with insurance enrollment and other services for those experiencing homelessness in Orange County.
- Partnerships to guide High Desert youths toward pathways to meaningful health care careers.
I invite you to read our 2022 annual report to learn about ways we live our enduring mission of outreach. And join me in thanking our partners for the expertise they provide in addressing the needs of communities we are honored to serve.
Chief Executive, Providence South Division