Covenant LifeStyle Centre
Friday: 5:30 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Saturday: 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Sunday: 1 - 6 p.m.
We are more than just a medical fitness facility for patient use. Covenant LifeStyle Centre provides a wide range of services to its non-patient members as well. Since 1984 we have provided a friendly and non-intimidating workout environment that is open to the public.
Perched high atop the Covenant Medical Center East Parking Garage, the Centre is a full-service fitness facility with all the features to be expected in a modern gym.
People of all ages are discovering that the Covenant Health LifeStyle Centre can help them stay physically fit and healthy. Originally designed to provide therapies for people with heart disease and other conditions, the LifeStyle Centre is also a tremendous wellness resource in our community.
- No long term contracts
- Free covered parking
- Personal training
- Land group exercise classes
- Water group exercise classes
- Personalized individual workout programs
- Web-based tracking technology with Technogym
- Fitness on-demand video system
- Each member will be screened as they enter the facility
- Members must wipe each piece of gym equipment immediately following use
- To attend a class, use the pool or sauna, members must reserve their spot either at the front desk or at their own convenience with the phone app
- Competitive individual and family rates
- Corporate rates
- No contract; there is a $20 enrollment fee.
- Cardiovascular equipment
- Circuit weights
- Free weight and plate loaded equipment
- Sport-specific strength and conditioning program
- Personal training
- Individual exercise prescription
- Dry sauna
- Indoor pool
- Indoor/outdoor track
- Racquetball court
- Staff include exercise and sport science degreed staff, registered dietitian and registered nurses
Quitting smoking can be very difficult, but with the right tools and support it can be done. Studies indicate that a combination of the right nicotine replacement therapy partnered with counseling is the best chance to get on the road to a tobacco free life. We named our program A New Day because that’s how we want you to feel when you have completed the program. On the first day of your tobacco-free life it’s a new day with positive health, improved family life, monetary benefits and added years full of endless possibilities.
- All counseling and education will be provided by a certified nicotine cessation treatment specialist.
- The program consists of five counseling sessions.
- The initial session will be conducted in person at the Covenant LifeStyle Centre while some follow-up sessions may be conducted by phone.
Registered dieticians are your most credible source of nutrition information, and at Covenant LifeStyle Centre we employ a dietician trained in the use of nutrition to prevent and control disease. A registered dietician is available at the LifeStyle Centre Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Counseling and education available from our dieticians include:
- Weight management
- Diabetes education
- Kidney disease
- Sports nutrition
- Heart disease/cardiac rehab
- Pulmonary disease/pulmonary rehab
- Label reading
- Pediatric nutrition disorders
- Family nutrition
- Food allergies
- Gastrointestinal disorders
- Bariatric surgery – pre/post-operative
Covenant Health’s nationally certified cardiac rehabilitation program at the LifeStyle Centre affords cardiac patients the opportunity to participate in an outpatient program that includes medical supervision, evaluation and instruction in physical activity education. This personal treatment approach provides support to patients trying to make healthy lifestyle changes and can be highly beneficial for patients who have experienced any of the following diagnoses:
- Heart attack
- Angina symptoms
- Coronary artery angioplasty or stents
- Open heart surgery such as coronary bypass or valve surgery
- Heart transplantation
- Heart failure
Benefits of participating in a cardiac rehab program include a longer life expectancy and decreased risk of another heart attack as well as helping to control other heart disease symptoms, improving stamina and strength and an improved overall sense of wellbeing.
Upon graduation from the program, patients can easily transition their exercise regimen in the LifeStyle Centre Wellness Program.
Covenant Health's nationally certified pulmonary rehabilitation program is designed for those who experience lung problems such as:
- COPD (emphysema or chronic bronchitis)
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Pulmonary fibrosis
- Interstitial lung disease
- Lung cancer and lung cancer surgery
- Lung volume reduction surgery
- Pre and post lung transplantation
- Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis
Pulmonary rehabilitation helps participants:
- Experience less difficulty with breathing
- Increase muscle strength and endurance
- Improve their ability to cope with daily activities
- Understand how to use medications and oxygen appropriately
- Improve quality of life
- Reduce hospitalizations
- Improve depression
Typical pulmonary rehabilitation programs include:
- Monitored and supervised exercises
- Education about your pulmonary condition, control of symptoms, medications and oxygen
- Assistance with smoking cessation
- Stress reduction and/or management techniques sessions
- Nutritional guidance
The Covenant LifeStyle Centre internship program offers positions in the spring, summer and fall. Our goal is to provide a unique internship experience that will prepare students for a career in the fitness and wellness industry. Focus areas include wellness, cardiac rehab and nuclear cardiology.
- Senior level student/graduate student
- All degree requirements completed for undergraduate students
- CPR certified
- Proof of professional liability insurance (not auto insurance)
Please submit the following:
- Internship application
- Current transcripts (copy, not official)
- Career goals