This site is for the exclusive use of the members of the Medical Staff and Allied Health Professional Staff at Providence Holy Cross Medical Center.
The Providence Holy Cross Medical Staff and Allied Health Professionals website offers practitioners access to current events, policies, bylaws and other resources of interest. We welcome your feedback.
The Medical Staff Administration Department provides support services to the Providence Holy Cross Medical Center medical staff. We are responsible for managing the credentialing, recredentialing, privileging, Focused Professional Practice Evaluation (FPPE)/Proctoring process, Ongoing Professional Practice Evaluation (OPPE) process, and support for physician leaders with their organizational structure including medical staff's meeting management. We provide support to physician leaders to assure regulatory compliance in the diverse health care industry. We are very proud of what we do and believe that what we do contributes to the quality and safety of patients who trust in us to receive their medical care.
The department is open to serve you Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Friday from 6:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. We are closed on major holidays. For assistance please contact us as follows:
Sonia Ramos, Medical Staff Manager
Medical Staff Meeting Management, Departmental R&Rs, Privileging & Focused Professional Practice Evaluation (FPPE), Call Panels, Bylaws, Rules and Regulations
Elizabeth Charton, Medical Staff Coordinator Medical Staff Meeting Management, Departmental R&Rs, Privileging & Focused Professional Practice Evaluation (FPPE)
Judith Medina-Perez, Medical Staff Coordinator Medical Staff Meeting Management, Departmental R&Rs, Privileging & Focused Professional Practice Evaluation (FPPE), Call Panels
Sue Hannon, Medical Staff Coordinator
Karina Cardona, Continuing Medical Education Coordinator
Medical Executive Committee
- Chief of Staff: Omaran Abdeen, M.D.
- Chief of Staff Elect: Hany Farid, M.D.
- Secretary/Treasurer: Jaganath Naidu, M.D.
- Member at Large: Daniel Brison, M.D.
- Member at Large: Babak Eshaghian, M.D.
- Member at Large: Tevan Ovsepyan, M.D.
- Member at Large: David Wadhwani, M.D.
- Medicine: Douglas Prisco, M.D.
- Ob/Gyn: Martin Cooper, M.D.
- Pediatrics: William Groves, M.D.
- Surgery: Peter Richman, M.D.
- Anesthesiology: Nick Sakellariou, M.D.
- Board of Trustee Rep. Omaran Abdeen, M.D.
- Cardiology: Ara Tilkian, M.D.
- Continuing Medical Education Director Ellsworth Pryor, M.D.
- Emergency: Jason Fisher, M.D.
- Hospitalist: Rafik Abdou, M.D.
- Pathology: John Yamashita, M.D.
- Pulmonary: M. Reza Nahed, M.D.
- Quality Management Chair Victor S. Hogen, Jr., M.D.
- Radiology: Gregory Paranay, M.D.
- Chief Executive: Bernie Klein, MD, MBA
- Chief Medical Officer: Rex Hoffman, MD, MBA, CPE
- Chief Nursing Officer: Jody Hein, DNP, MHA, RN, NEA-BC
- Chief Operating Officer: Patricia Mayberry, RN, MSN
- Chief Financial Officer: Paul Steinke
- Executive Director, Clinical Operations: Kimberly Murphy, MBA, MSN, RN, ACNP-BC
- Medical Staff Manager: Sonia Ramos
Epic Training and Support
Bylaws, rules and regulations
- Download medical staff bylaws
- General medical staff rules and regulations
- Obstetrics & gynecology department rules and regulations
- Pediatrics department rules and regulations
- Medicine department rules and regulations
- Surgery department rules and regulations
Physician hotline: Report operational patient care concerns
If you identify an operational issue while caring for patients, we encourage you to speak to a charge RN, house supervisor or anyone from the admin team. However, we realize we are not always available. Consequently, we developed the physician hotline.
To access the hotline:
- Dial x 64422 or 818-496-4422
- Enter Site ID 21 followed by #
- Enter MD ID number followed by #
- Enter work type “99” to dictate a hotline followed by #
- Enter 999999 to bypass MR number followed by #
- Enter 2 to begin dictating
All concerns are responded to in writing and tracked by the Quality Management Committee; Please remember that quality of care and peer review issues should be reported via the Unusual Occurrence Reporting (UOR) system.
Drug shortages can adversely affect drug therapy, compromise or delay medical procedures, and result in medication errors. A drug product shortage is defined as a supply issue that affects how the pharmacy prepares or dispenses a drug product or influences patient care when prescribers must use an alternative agent. Download the current drug shortage information (intranet access required).
Access formularies and medication lists (intranet access required).
Despite significant national attention, medical errors continue to pervade the U.S. health care system. Medication-related errors consistently rank at the top of all medical errors, which account for thousands of preventable deaths annually in the United States. Please see the link below for medication errors occurred and steps to improve the safety of medication use. Access information about medical safety (intranet access required).
Pharmacy and therapeutics (P&T) update
View past meeting minutes (intranet access required).
Access Pharmacy Note (intranet access required).
Antimicrobial Stewardship (AMS) Program
Antimicrobial stewardship is a coordinated program that promotes the appropriate use of antimicrobials (including antibiotics), improves patient outcomes, reduces microbial resistance, and decreases the spread of infections caused by multidrug-resistant organisms.
Download the update (intranet access required).
Antibiotic Therapy Guide
Download the guide (intranet access required).
Providence Health & Services is proud of its history of partnering with physicians to create centers of excellence for quality patient care. Since the Sisters of Providence founded this ministry more than 160 years ago, the spirit of collaboration between Providence and its physicians has always been one of our greatest strengths. Here in California, we are particularly proud of our efforts to make Providence an attractive environment in which to practice medicine. These efforts recognize that physicians are essential to living out our healing ministry. We offer opportunities for diverse clinical practices and leadership development, all guided by our Mission of service.
Learn about physician referral.
- American Medical Association
- American Medical Student Association
- Association of American Medical Colleges
- American College of Physicians
- American Association of Family Physicians
- Society of Hospital Medicine
- California Physician Directory
- Application For DEA Registrations
- Los Angeles County Medical Association
- California Medical Association
- Medical Board of California
Affiliated medical groups
- Facey Medical Group
- Lakeside Medical Group
- Healthcare Partners Medical Group Hospitalists Management Group
- Motion Picture & Television Fund
Find an opportunity
More than 300 Providence employed and private practice opportunities in a wide variety of settings.
To learn more about practice and employment opportunities anywhere in the Providence network of facilities, visit Physician Opportunities.