Visitors are welcome 24 hours, 7 days a week. Out of respect for patients in semi-private rooms, recommended visiting hours are from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Immediate family members and significant others are able to visit with physician approval 24 hours a day in critical care units, oncology and pediatric services. All Mission Viejo campus hospital visitors are to enter the hospital through one of four designated entrances, seven days a week. Upon arrival, all visitors need to check in and state who and where they are visiting. A photo will be taken and a visitor pass issued for each 12-hour stay.
Both Mission Hospital campuses offer a cafeteria for visitors. For health and safety reasons, patients are not asked not to utilize the cafeteria. The doctor will prescribe a special diet for your loved one to ensure proper dietary needs are met. Please do not purchase food from the cafeteria for your loved one as it may not be on the special diet. Please check with your loved one’s nurse to assure food brought in from outside the hospital is on their special diet.
The Garden Cafe is located on the basement level of Tower 1
- The Garden Cafe features hot entree items, grill selections, custom made-to-order sandwiches, fresh salad and soups and many other items.
- The cafe is open Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 3:30 a.m. and on the weekends, 7 a.m. to 10:30 p.m.
- A variety of items are available 24/7 in the vending machine room located next to the dining area in the Garden Cafe.
- Vending machines are also available near the Emergency Department and on the 2nd and 4th floors of Tower 1, and outside the Pavilion North Entrance.
- Emergency Department: 24 hours a day
- Tower 1 Lobby: 6 a.m. - 9:30 p.m.
- Tower 2 Lobby: 7 a.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Both Providence Mission Hospital campuses have onsite gift shops with a variety of items including floral and plant arrangements, balloons, baby gifts, stationary, greeting cards, spiritual gifts and more. The gift shop at our Mission Viejo campus is located in the Tower 1 lobby and is open Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Saturday and Sunday hours are variable.
Don't have time to stop by the hospital gift shop? With just a call, you can select the perfect gift. Choose from a variety of beautiful items that will express your most sincere wishes.
- To place a direct order for any item at our Mission Viejo campus, please call 949-364-4728
- To place a direct order for any item at our Laguna Beach campus, please call 949-499-1311, ext. 7172
In addition, you may select from these choices:
- Anderson Florist
- Conroy's Flowers
Any questions about these vendors' services or your order should be directed to the numbers provided above. Providence Mission Hospital does not endorse the vendors listed above, nor is it responsible for purchases made directly with these vendors.
As a values-based organization, we strongly believe that healthy living stretches beyond the physical. For this reason, our spiritual care team is composed of an interfaith team with chaplains who are there to provide for the spiritual, religious, emotional and ethical needs of our patients.
In order to ensure the highest quality patient care, please review the below Visitor Guidelines below before arriving on campus:
- Visiting is encouraged in a safe manner considerate of all patients, other visitors and health care providers.
- No smoking in buildings or on hospital grounds.
- Visitors must dress appropriately and must wear shirts and shoes.
- No more than two visitors are allowed at the bedside at one time. Visitors in semi-private rooms should be considerate of both patients.
- Visitors are expected to respect patient and roommate wishes for privacy, rest and comfort as well as limitations for visiting.
- People with colds, sore throats or any contagious diseases should not visit patients until they are completely well.
- Visits should be kept brief. Visitors should remain in a quiet environment and avoid unnecessary noise.
- Visitors may be asked to leave the room during tests or treatments or when the doctor or nurse needs to see the patient.
- Children visiting must be accompanied and supervised by an adult other than the patient and only visit in the location of the patient.
- Cellular telephone usage is not permitted within patient care areas, as the signal can interfere with patient care equipment. Cellular phones should be turned off, not on standby.
Wireless internet access
In order to better serve patients and visitors, we are offering free wireless internet access on our Mission Viejo campus. Wireless internet access is available throughout the hospital, such as the lobby, waiting areas, and patient rooms. Step-by-step instructions for Windows and Macintosh operating systems are available at Tower 1 and Tower 2 information desks.