Cancer Support Services
At Providence St. Joseph Eureka, we treat the fight against cancer as a team effort. The professionals in Cancer Support Services are here for you to answer questions, anticipate and respond to your needs and make sure you have the most comfortable, successful experience possible.
Your Cancer Support Services team may include:
- Cancer rehabilitation therapists
- Financial counselors
- Patient navigators
- Pre-authorization specialists
- Social workers
We support you with a variety of patient care services, including:
- Cancer rehabilitation
- Financial counseling
- Nutritional advice
- Clinical trials
- Patient assistance programs
- Patient navigation services for lung cancer
- Survivorship care
At Providence Cancer Support Services, we offer you an extensive listing of support services and community resources, including:
Call for questions and referrals.
- Cancer Care Program: 707-269-4242
- Cancer Rehabilitation Program: 707-441-4454 or FAX: 707-441-4464
- Lung Cancer Navigation: 707-445-8121 ext. 6318
- Head, Neck, Colorectal Cancer Navigator:707-445-8121 ext 5812
- Hospice of Humboldt offers services for terminally ill patients, families and caregivers. Call for more information: 707-445-8443
- Cancer Registry Services is an information system for the collection, management, and dissemination of data on people with cancer. Call: 707-445-8121 ext. 6312
- Evergreen Lodge provides private suites and RV sites for oncology patients who need temporary, low-rent accommodations while receiving treatment. Call: 707-445-8121 ext. 7980
- Community Resource Centers:
- Prostate Cancer Support Group: 707-496-8340
- General Cancer Support Group: 707-445-8121 ext. 6349
- Head and Neck Cancer Support Group: 707-445-8121 ext. 6349
- Humboldt County Cancer Support Groups: Classes and group meetings for patients, families, caregivers and friends. See schedule.
- I Can Cope Support Group: A forum for education and support for people dealing with cancer. Click here for additional information.