Diagnostic Imaging is a term used to describe technology used to produce images of the inside of your body. These images play an important role in screening as well as providing diagnostic information. Your healthcare provider will determine what type of imaging is best for your situation.
The Diagnostic Imaging Department at Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital is dedicated to providing excellent and compassionate care to members of our community. We are also proud supporters of Image Wisely® and Image Gently®, pledging to protect patients by appropriately optimizing radiation dose.
With a goal to meet the needs of the community, Providence Diagnostic Imaging departments offer a full range of services, including:
- Bone Density Imaging
- Computerized Tomography Scan (CT)
- Diagnostic Radiology (X-ray)
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Nuclear Medicine
- Vascular Ultrasound
Proper preparation is an important part of your examination. Please feel free to contact us if you have questions.
- Notify your healthcare provider and Diagnostic Imaging staff if you may be pregnant or are currently breastfeeding.
- Discuss with us in advance any special needs, such as dietary and/or physical limitations.
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to your appointment to verify registration information and provide any additional health information needed for your exam.
- Wear comfortable, metal-free clothing; be prepared to change into a patient gown if necessary.
- Bring your insurance card and a photo ID, as well as prior imaging exams if asked.
- Some imaging exams have special instructions. Special instructions will be given to you when the exam is scheduled.
We offer another convenient scheduling option through MyChart. The process is easy and allows you to schedule a mammogram online, 24/7.
View our guide with step-by-step directions.