When you need surgery, the Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital surgical services team takes excellent care of you. Our doctors, nurses and specialists combine the highest level of surgical skills with a personal touch. From your first appointment to your last follow-up visit, our goal is help you achieve the healthiest outcome.
Whether you need surgery in the hospital or outside of the hospital as an outpatient, we treat your condition and help you heal, so you can get back to the activities you enjoy.
Our team includes anesthesiologists, general plastic and orthopedic surgeons, obstetricians and gynecologists, ophthalmologists, otolaryngologists and urologists.
Together, we treat a wide range of conditions, including:
- Bladder and kidney stones
- Bone, muscle and joint conditions
- Brain and nervous system conditions
- Breast lumps and other breast conditions
- Ear, nose and throat disorders (chronic sinusitis)
- Eye conditions (cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, vitreoretinal diseases)
- Gastrointestinal disorders (anal abscess, anal fistula and anal fissure; bowel incontinence, colorectal cancer and polyps, Crohn’s disease, diverticulitis, gallbladder disorders, inflammatory bowel disease, rectal prolapse, ulcerative colitis)
- Heart, chests and lung conditions
- Thyroid nodules
- Urologic conditions (erectile dysfunction, pelvic floor dysfunction, prostate disorders, urinary tract disorders)
- Varicose veins and vascular conditions
We offer surgeon-guided, robotic-assisted surgeries and other minimally invasive techniques that can make your recovery faster and easier. Our services and treatments include:
- Adrenal surgery
- Cancer surgery
- Colorectal cancer screenings
- Colorectal surgery
- Ear, nose and throat surgery
- General surgery
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Obstetric and gynecological surgery
- Orthopedic surgery
- Plastic surgery
- Robotic surgery
- Surgical eye care
- Surgical urology
To ensure you get the best care, we ask you to print and bring these forms below to your first appointment. These provide information to your care team about your health and medical history.
Take steps to ensure a good surgery experience:
At Providence Surgical Services, we want you to feel confident and prepared for your surgery. We have several resources to help answer all your questions.
- Assessing and controlling pain
- Colon or rectal surgery video
- Five simple things you can do to prevent infection
- Outpatient surgery guidelines
- Preparing for colon or rectal surgery
- Preparing for gynecologic surgery
- Speak up and help prevent medical errors
- Surgical services patient safety guide
- Total joint program: Hip, knee or shoulder replacement patient guide
Find a Doctor
At Providence, you'll have access to a vast network of dedicated and compassionate providers who offer personalized care by focusing on treatment, prevention and health education.