Providence Community Health Investment (Los Angeles region) believes that health care happens both inside and outside the hospital walls. Every day we care for and teach people how to be healthy so that children, adults, and families throughout Los Angeles – especially in low-income neighborhoods – are inspired to live the healthiest lives possible. We do this, alongside our community partners, because everyone should have the opportunity to live a healthy life, regardless of their income or where they live.
Our commitment to lower-income communities dates to 1994, when we recognized that children and adults in several areas served by our medical centers were not as healthy as compared to others in surrounding communities. We use data collected in Providence’s triennial community health needs assessments to identify and prioritize the health needs of individuals in these areas. We then work with our community partners to design and deliver health services, wellness and health education programs, job training, and linkages to community resources that support the economic, physical, and emotional health of more than 30,000 children, adults, and families in low-income communities each year.
For more information, please contact us. We also invite you to follow us on Facebook and Instagram to find out about upcoming classes and events.
- Access to Care
- Attention 2 Prevention/Atención a la Prevención
- Best Start Wilmington – Local Support Network
- Building Stronger Communities
- Community Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
- Community Health Worker Academy
- COVID-19 Community Health Worker Outreach Initiative
- Creating Healthier Attitudes Today (CHAT)
- Creating Opportunities For Physical Activity (COPA)