If you have prediabetes or other risk factors for type 2 diabetes, it’s time to take charge of your health. Participating in the Choose2Change lifestyle change program can help you make lasting changes to prevent type 2 diabetes. Remember, lifestyle is everything – healthy attitude, healthy life!
With the Choose2Change program you get:
- A Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) approved curriculum
- The skills you need to lose weight, be more physically active, and manage stress
- A trained lifestyle coach to guide and encourage you
- Support from other participants with the same goals as you
- A year-long program with weekly meetings for the first 6 months, then once or twice a month for the second 6 months
The lifestyle changes you make in the Choose2Change program will help you prevent or delay type 2 diabetes. You may have prediabetes and be at risk for type 2 diabetes if you:
- Are 45 years of age or older
- Are overweight
- Have a family history of type 2 diabetes
- Are physically active fewer than 3 times per week
- Ever had diabetes while pregnant (gestational diabetes) or gave birth to a baby that weighed more than nine pounds.
Make a change – START TODAY!
If you think you may be at risk for prediabetes and type 2 diabetes:
- Click on the brochure below and take it to a health care provider
- Ask to be tested for prediabetes. The health care provider may do a simple blood test.
- Ask the health care provider to fill out the Recommendation Form on the brochure.
- Take the completed form to:
Providence Little Company of Mary Wellness and Activity Center
470 N. Hawaiian Ave.
Wilmington, CA 90744
If you don’t have a health care provider, for more information or to sign up for a course (available in-person and via Zoom), please call us at 310-514-5483 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here to learn more about our other free, health education programs.