Infant Security and Visitor Information
A new baby is an exciting time! Family and friends are anxious to visit and congratulate mom and her support person and see the new baby. While we share in this excitement, mom's and baby's health and safety are important to us. For this reason, we ask that you please observe the following visitor guidelines:
- To ensure a quiet and safe environment for our moms and babies we ask all visitors to check in with our Visitor Ambassador prior to entering the patient’s room and check out when leaving. Visitor Ambassadors are located on the unit as you exit the elevator.
- Before delivery: Moms are allowed up to three visitors at a time in the Labor, Delivery and Recovery (LDR) room. Additional visitors are invited to wait in the main lobby of the hospital (first floor). We welcome visitors at any time.
- After delivery: Moms are allowed up to three visitors at a time in the hospital room on the Mother-Baby Unit. Additional visitors are welcome to wait in the main lobby of the hospital.
- Visitors are welcome from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. and from 4 to 8 p.m. on the Mother-Baby Unit. No visitors are allowed between the hours of 2-4 p.m. each day. Our new families need rest and quiet time together. We honor this special need by designating 2-4 p.m. as Quiet Time.
- Only siblings of the new baby are permitted on the maternity unit. Please make sure they are wearing a wristband and with an adult at all times.
- Children who are not siblings of the new baby must be over the age of 12 and must be accompanied by an adult to enter the maternity unit.
- Children under the age of 12 who are not siblings of the new baby must wait in the main lobby and must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Strollers are not permitted on the unit at any time.
- Visitors may not wear scrubs while on the maternity unit.