Center for Cancer Prevention and Treatment
What does it take to #FINISHCANCER?
It takes everyone.
Cancer doesn’t care where you live or what you drive. It doesn’t consider titles or ambitions, age or ancestry. That’s why we forged a united front against cancer in Southern California.
We’re fighting for the health of your families and communities with innovative cancer research, clinical trials and integrative care.
We’re a stronger force against cancer together. Join us.
Our goal is to provide you with compassionate care every step of your cancer journey.
Please call us or fill out this online form to request an appointment with our expert care team.
Offering the latest in cancer prevention, diagnosis, treatment and clinical trials, The Center for Cancer Prevention and Treatment at St. Joseph Hospital provides world-class care in a trusting and compassionate environment. The Center for Cancer Prevention and Treatment is the first center of its kind in Orange County to offer preventive services, diagnostic screening and treatment for cancer in one convenient location. Our teams of experts focus on whole-person care and meeting the unique needs of each patient – body, mind and spirit. We offer a full range of clinical services, including 11 site-specific programs, access to the latest clinical trials and the most advanced technology, support groups and a renowned Navigator Program that provides patients with one-on-one support throughout their cancer journeys.
With an emphasis on patient dignity and comfort, the Center offers optimal treatment programs for your cancer needs in a centralized, comfortable and empathetic environment. The Center’s comprehensive cancer treatments include a full range of clinical services such as:
- Medical Oncology
- Radiation Oncology
- Genetic Testing
- Clinical Trials
- Spiritual Care
- Palliative Care
- Cancer Wellness Program
Using the treatments listed above, the Center provides focused and comprehensive care to treat each patient’s specific cancer needs. Your personal cancer care team with help develop an individualized program for you. At The Center for Cancer Prevention and Treatment, these programs include:
Whether you have been recently diagnosed or are entering survivorship, our cancer center offers world class care for patients of all ages. Our care teams participate in multidisciplinary conferences where they collaborate with other experts across a variety of medical specialties to offer each of our patients the best chance at a cure and better quality of life. St. Joseph Hospital also provides patients with access to leading-edge clinical trials and advanced technology that identifies and targets cancer cells with pinpoint precision. We are proud to be the first in our community and one of few centers in the nation to provide comprehensive cancer care under one roof. Our team of experts believe in providing holistic care that empowers patients, and their families, in mind, body and spirit. Our specialized teams include:
- Board-certified medical, surgical and radiation oncologists and plastic surgeons
- Cancer navigators
- Physical and personal rehabilitation therapists
- Social workers
- Case managers
- Spiritual care providers
With a devotion to quality care that meets the needs of every patient, the Center for Cancer Prevention and Treatment conforms to following:
- American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer Accreditation (CoC)
- National Cancer Institute Cancer Centers Program
- National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC)
- American College of Radiology (ACR):
- Stereotactic Biopsy Program
- Mammography Units
- Breast Ultrasound
- Core Needle Biopsy
- Fine Needle Biopsy
- The Compliance Team’s Exemplary Provider® DMEPOS Quality Standards
At the Center for Cancer Prevention and Treatment, our genetic counselors are licensed board-certified clinicians. Their expertise helps patients develop a personalized cancer prevention plan through early detection strategies. Families with a new cancer diagnosis of a personal cancer history can undergo genetic counseling and testing to receive the most accurate cancer risk assessments and individualized cancer management recommendations.
In a single, convenient location, patients will find the individualized care that distinguishes St. Joseph Hospital as a leader, including:
- Cancer Navigators to help patients through the continuum of care while providing emotional support, education and access to resources.
- An Infusion Center for chemotherapy and transfusions.
- Leading-edge imaging technology, from digital mammography to PET/CT to CT lung screening and breast MRI with Computer Assisted Detection (CAD).
Advanced targeted radiation therapy, including Image Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT), Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT), Intraoperative Radiation Therapy (IORT) and Stereotactic Radiosurgery.
- Multidisciplinary Center for site-specific clinics and conferences.
- Cancer genetics consultations.
- Education Center, Resource Library and Science Gallery.
- Pharmacy for ease in patient access and convenience.
- Diverse cancer research, early detection and diagnostic imaging, cancer genetics, and innovative treatment modalities and combinations.
- Comforting amenities including valet parking, cafe and numerous gardens located throughout the Center.
- Ginny’s Shop Appearance Center and Boutique for patients to assist with prostheses, specialized clothing, and helpful products for cosmesis and comfort.
- Online patient education.