Sports and Recreation Programs
Sports and Recreation Programs
Sports and recreational activities are more than just a healthy way to spend our free time. They’re also an opportunity to learn life skills that stick with us long after our injury or illness.
At St. Luke’s, we’re passionate about helping all people experience the dynamic combination of teamwork, loyalty, commitment and positive energy that sports and recreation provide. This is the vision behind Providence Saints.
Through Providence Saints’ competitive sports program, athletes of all ability levels can take part in individual and team sports. Some of our team members even go on to pursue college sports, participate in recreational camps or take part in elite regional and national competitions.
Our current offerings include:
- Wheelchair basketball
- Wheelchair rugby
Providence Saints’ recreational program gives individuals the opportunity to take part in outdoor events offered locally through organizations like Spokane Parks and Recreation. Our current programs include:
- SkiFest: An annual event held at Clear Lake during the fourth weekend of July. Participants have the opportunity to try water skiing, swimming and boating in an all-inclusive environment that fosters peer interaction and socialization.
- Downhill skiing: This educational session is held at Mt. Spokane during the adaptive downhill ski program. The program introduces the adaptive ski equipment to participants, gives them a chance to get to know the instructors and coaches, and provides a fun environment for peer interaction.
Other recreational programs:
- Nordic skiing
- Water skiing
- Hunting education
- Camping education
- Strength and conditioning
Join Providence Saints for our annual Tee Off for Providence Saints, sponsored by Gesa Credit Union! Proceeds from the event go to Providence Saints to help all participants in adaptive recreational sports teams. Held annually in September. Please contact our Foundation office for more information or to register your team: 509-474-4675.
Providence Saints would not be able to provide such a robust, hands-on program without the support of individual donations and community organizations. We’re incredibly grateful to these community partners:
- Move United
- Core Fit Inc.
- Eastern Washington University
- Mt. Spokane Ski and Snowboard Park
- Spokane Community College
- Spokane Falls Community College
- Spokane Parks and Recreation
- Spokane Public Schools
- US Paralympics
- Whitworth University
- Youth Outdoors Unlimited
Sports and recreation offer a uniquely enriching experience for people of all ability levels. To support our mission and programming, please consider making a donation to Providence Saints. Every gift matters.
Providence Saints is home to amazing individuals who want to exercise or compete in athletic events. We welcome people of all ages (2 to 102!) and ability levels.
To join Providence Saints, call 509-473-6232. Although many of our programs are located in and around Spokane, we have additional options available for those living outside of the Spokane area.