Mission Hospital Mission Viejo
Mission Hospital Mission Viejo
What does it take to #FINISHCANCER?
It takes everyone.
Cancer doesn’t care where you live or what you drive. It doesn’t consider titles or ambitions, age or ancestry. That’s why we forged a united front against cancer in Southern California. We’re fighting for the health of your families and communities with innovative cancer research, clinical trials and integrative care. We’re a stronger force against cancer together. Join us.
With a collaborative and holistic approach to cancer care, Mission Hospital Cancer Center offers patients convenient access to leading edge diagnostic services and some of the most advanced cancer treatments and clinical trials.
At Mission Hospital cancer center, you can rest assured you are receiving quality, compassionate care. For years, our compassionate team of caregivers have adhered to rigorous standards to provide an unparalleled level of quality care. Together, we are proud to have received accreditation from:
- Commission on Cancer (CoC) Accreditation from the American College of Surgeons
- Outstanding Achievement Award (the highest honor available to non-academic hospital cancer programs)
The new Judi and Bill Leonard Institute for Cancer Prevention, Treatment and Wellness at Mission Hospital allows us to further expand our cancer program. The Leonard Cancer Institute offers a collaborative multi-disciplinary approach to treatment based on clinical research and evidence-based practice, personalized to each patient’s specific tumor and type of cancer. Services provided at the cancer institute include:
- Radiation oncology
- Medical Imaging
- Medical oncology (infusion)
- Nurse navigation
- Genomic counseling
- Clinical trials
- Psycho-social services
- Clinical pharmacy
- Laboratory facilities
For more information visit leonardcancerinstitute.com.
Our services are provided by a cancer care team that not only understands the importance of comprehensive support, but also values each patient’s individual needs. From initial diagnosis and treatment to remission and beyond, your supportive and multidisciplinary cancer care team treats you holistically and includes:
- Cancer specialists
- Radiation therapists
- Specialized registered nurses
An extension of the Cancer Center, the Breast Program at Mission Hospital is devoted to advancing women’s breast health through comprehensive screenings, education, diagnosis, treatment and support. Our individualized and personalized care includes:
- Leading-edge diagnostics
- 3D Tomosynthesis
- PET/CT scans
- Breast MRI with Computer Aided Detection (CAD)
- Nurse Navigators to provide support, education and access to resources
- Cancer genetic consultations
- Personal treatment teams
- Education Center
- Resource Library with extensive cancer information
- Appearance Center with products for comfort and healing for patients undergoing cancer treatment
Nurse Navigator Survey
Complete a survey regarding your Nurse Navigator experience.
Committed to helping our cancer patients reach peak recovery, Mission Hospital’s Cancer Center offers advanced services, certified and highly trained staff, and state-of-the-art therapies that meet the needs of oncology patients and their families. These services include:
- Radiation Therapy
- Leading-edge linear accelerator
- Computerized treatment planning
- Diagnostic MRI Treatment
- Tumor detection
- Genetic Testing
- Cancer Rehabilitation
- Research-based protocols for optimal healing
- Lymphedema Program
- Preventative strategies
- Outreach Services
- Cancer Resource Library
- Cancer Support Groups
Mission Cancer Center is committed to improving the health of the communities we serve. To aide our efforts, we offer a variety of community cancer outreach programs that support the health of our dear neighbors. For more information, call 877-459-3627.
Cancer Resource Library
- Located on the third floor of Tower 1 on our Mission Viejo campus, our cancer resource library holds information on prevention, detection and current treatment options to help understand the many aspects of cancer. The library is open Mon. - Fri: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Cancer Support Groups
- Cancer support groups that help patients deal with the emotional and spiritual struggles surrounding a cancer diagnosis.
- Skin Cancer Screenings - Free screenings are offered yearly through Mission Hospital's Community Health Improvement Services department. Call 877-459-3627 for more information.
Breast Cancer Resources
- Resource Library - Located within Mission Women's Wellness Center, the library houses a dedicated Susan G. Komen library with books, audio tapes and video tapes on breast health and breast cancer prevention and treatment. Materials are available for check-out at no charge. Call 949-365-CARE for more information
- Comprehensive Breast Cancer Community Outreach and Education - Breast health programs at a variety of locations
- Pre-Operative Mastectomy Education Class
- Breast Cancer Early Detection Program - State-funded program provides underserved women screening and diagnostic mammograms at Mission Hospital
- Breast Cancer Treatment Fund - State-funded program provides treatment to uninsured women diagnosed with breast cancer
- Latino Breast Cancer Education and Support - A bilingual (English/Spanish) Latino Outreach Nurse provides breast cancer awareness, education and support within the community and hospital settings