At the Providence Portland Medical Center, our surgical services team is here when you need surgery. Our doctors, nurses and specialists give excellent care – combining surgical skill with a personal touch.
We care for you from your first visit through your last follow-up. We work hard to help you achieve the healthiest outcome. Because your surgery is meant to treat your condition and get you back to what you love.
Our team includes anesthesiologists, general plastic and orthopedic surgeons, obstetricians and gynecologists, ophthalmologists, otolaryngologists and urologists.
Together, we treat a wide range of conditions, including:
- Bladder and kidney stones
- Bone, muscle and joint conditions
- Brain and nervous system conditions
- Breast lumps and other breast conditions
- Cancers (breast, colon, kidney, liver, neck, pancreas, prostate, testicular, thyroid)
- Ear, nose and throat disorders (chronic sinusitis)
- Eye conditions (cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, vitreoretinal diseases)
- Gastrointestinal disorders (anal abscess, anal fistula and anal fissure; bowel incontinence, colorectal cancer and polyps, Crohn’s disease, diverticulitis, gallbladder disorders, inflammatory bowel disease, rectal prolapse, ulcerative colitis)
- Heart, chest and lung conditions
- Thyroid nodules
- Urologic conditions (erectile dysfunction, pelvic floor dysfunction, prostate disorders, urinary tract disorders)
- Varicose veins and vascular conditions
We offer surgeon-guided, robotic-assisted surgeries and other minimally invasive techniques that can make your recovery faster and easier. Our services and treatments include:
- Adrenal surgery
- Brain and spine (neurosurgery) surgery
- Bariatric (weight loss) surgery
- Cancer surgery
- Colorectal cancer screenings
- Colorectal surgery
- Ear, nose and throat surgery
- General surgery
- Head and neck surgery
- Heart and vascular surgery
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Obstetric and gynecological surgery
- Orthopedic surgery
- Pediatric surgery
- Plastic surgery
- Robotic surgery
- Surgical eye care
- Surgical urology
- Thoracic surgery
To ensure you get the best care, we ask you to print and bring these forms below to your first appointment. These provide information to your care team about your health and medical history.
Take steps to ensure a good surgery experience:
Find a Doctor
At Providence, you'll have access to a vast network of dedicated and compassionate providers who offer personalized care by focusing on treatment, prevention and health education.