Providence Stroke Center
If you or a loved one is having a stroke the Providence Portland Stroke Center provides the immediate care to minimize further damage. Our team of experts quickly diagnoses your symptoms and uses the most advanced treatments.
Our Stroke Center exceeds national quality guidelines for stroke care and patient outcomes and is certified by The Joint Commission. We earned the Get With The Guidelines Gold Plus performance award from the American Stroke Association.
We offer 24-hour on-call teams in our comprehensive stroke centers at Providence Portland Medical Center. Our stroke team experts include vascular neurologists, neurosurgeons, neurointerventionalists, radiologists, emergency physicians, nurses and therapists. From diagnosis to treatment and recovery, the Providence Stroke Center team provides advanced care at every stage of stroke.
Our team of emergency doctors, neurologists, neurosurgeons, nurses, radiologists and therapists provides the care you need.
- Clinical trials lead by the Providence Brain and Spine Institute give you access to the most advanced stroke care treatments.
- Neuro biplane catherization lab lets doctors remove blood clots from the brain and repair weak brain arteries using nonsurgical techniques.
- Neuroendovascular treatments use advanced nonsurgical and surgical techniques to treat and prevent blood clots. Learn more about our cerebrovascular and endovascular services.
- Physiatry and rehabilitation therapy provided at our acute rehabilitation program provides treatment to help you regain or strengthen your balance, physical mobility, speech and other functions that can be limited after a stroke.
- Surgical clipping involves placing a small metal clip around the base of the aneurysm to isolate it from normal blood circulation. This decreases the pressure on the aneurysm and prevents it from rupturing.
- Telestroke services let our neurologists use telemedicine to provide consultations for stroke patients at rural hospitals throughout Oregon and southern Washington.
- Thrombolytic or “clot busting” drugs are emergency medicines like tissue plasminogen activator (t-PA) to dissolve a blood clot and can stop a stroke.
- Transcranial doppler studies are painless ultrasound tests that identify blood clots, detect stroke and measure the blood flow in your brain.
At Providence Portland Medical Center, we provide education and resources to help you reduce your stroke risk and learn about this condition.
- Life After Stroke Community Group - Join us for this group facilitated by Providence Stroke Center nurses and guest speakers
- Understand stroke and reduce your stroke risk from stroke.org
- Recursos en Español from stroke.org
- Caring for Yourself and a Stoke Survivor from stroke.org
Providence Brain and Spine Institute of Oregon
The Providence Brain and Spine Institute is a comprehensive, integrated center of excellence that treats all conditions of the brain and spine. We are the leading provider of neurological care in Oregon committed to making a positive difference in every life we touch. Our patients are at the center of everything we do. See a complete list of conditions we treat and learn more about the care we offer.