Gerry Frank Center for Children's Care
The Gerry Frank Center for Children’s Care is designed for and exclusively cares for children. Located within Providence St. Vincent Medical Center, we provide pediatric surgery and procedures with a family-focused approach. This includes treatment, education and emotional support, along with advanced technology and a child-friendly environment with specially equipped rooms for children.
Children and their families feel safe and supported as our experts make your experience as pleasant as possible. We are experienced in caring for children who have special health care needs and tailor our approach to the unique needs of each child.
Our team includes:
- Pediatric surgeons
- Pediatric anesthesiologists
- Pediatric nurses
- Child life specialists
We provide pediatric surgery and procedures with a family-focused approach.
Our pediatric surgical services include:
- General surgery
- Ear, nose and throat
- Oral maxillofacial
Some of our most-common surgeries include:
- Minimally invasive surgery (laparoscopy, arthroscopy, endoscopy)
- Fractures and sports injuries
- Hernia repairs
- Eye surgery
- Dental surgery
- Cleft palate repair
- Ear tubes
Some of our most-common non-surgical procedures include:
- Colonoscopies and endoscopies
- Sedation for MRIs and other imaging
- Sedated hearing tests and EEGs
- Endocrine studies
- Lab draws and vaccines requiring minimal sedation
You can take steps to be ready for your child’s surgery by reading and following all instructions from your doctor. Learn more about what to expect:
- Anesthesia and your child - We use general anesthesia to put your child to sleep so they do not feel pain during surgery. Advanced methods ensure their safety at any age.
- Pediatric surgery checklist: Preparing your child for surgery - Use our guide to get information on everything from how to schedule a family orientation to what to wear on the day of surgery.
- Our team created guidelines so that you know what will happen on the day of surgery, from the time you arrive at the hospital to when you return home. Learn more about what to expect day of surgery.
Providence Children's Health of Oregon
A Leader in Caring for Kids – Serving Tens of Thousands of Children in Oregon Each Year.
At Providence Children’s Health, we understand children’s bodies and minds react differently than adults to injury, illness, medications and therapy. Our compassionate teams do everything they can to give your child the best possible experience. We offer everything from routine primary care to emergency and hospital care – for newborns, children and teens.
We value our network of referring physicians and make every effort to partner with providers and tailor treatment for each patient. Learn more about provider resources.
Free pregnancy and parenting app
Circle® is a free pregnancy and parenting app that provides useful health resources, top-notch pregnancy calculator and tools to help track ovulation, weight, blood pressure, and vaccinations. Enjoy easy access to program information, services and classes, too! Plus, when you connect to MyChart through Circle, you'll receive appointment reminders for you and your children. Learn more about the Circle app.