Providence Pediatric Surgery
Our imaginations turn hospital beds into rocket ships, and our hearts bring parents/guardians along for the ride. You may have a lot of questions if your child needs surgery. We are here to guide you through the process. We take the time to explain what needs to be done and why, so that you and your child fully understand and are comfortable with the care plan.
Our board-certified pediatric surgeons perform routine surgeries as well as more-complex procedures for newborns, children and teens. Our pediatric surgery team answers all your questions to ease any concerns. We believe that providing quality surgical care includes giving you the information you need to fully participate in your care.
To provide the best possible care we offer:
- Clinics designed with children and families in mind
- A focus on the comfort of families in our care
- Surgeries and procedures performed at the Gerry Frank Center for Children’s Care, on the Providence St. Vincent campus
- The best care for your child, consistent with what we would want for our own child
Our multidisciplinary team approach includes doctors, nurses, medical assistants, social workers, and behavioral health providers. We partner with other specialty clinics, primary care physicians, patients, and their families to develop a personalized care plan to meet the needs of our patients.
We provide surgery to treat many conditions.
Our pediatric surgeons perform:
- Complex procedures
- Neonatal surgeries
- Routine surgeries
- Minimally invasive surgery
The most common conditions include:
- Congenital anomalies of the chest and abdomen
- Removal of lumps and bumps (lesion/mass)
- Gallbladder disorders
- Hepatobiliary (liver, gall bladder) surgery
- Pilonidal disease
We use a team approach to care. Our surgical specialists discuss and review each patient’s needs together, to create the most appropriate treatment plan. When needed, we consult with other specialists.
The pediatric surgery team includes experts in:
- Hospital medicine
- Intensive care
- Child-life care
- Interventional radiology and diagnostic imaging
You can take steps to be ready for your child’s surgery by reading and following all instructions from your doctor. Learn more about what to expect:
- Anesthesia and Your Child - We use general anesthesia to put your child to sleep so they do not feel pain during surgery. Advanced methods ensure their safety at any age.
- Pediatric Surgery Checklist - Use our guide to get information on everything from how to schedule a family orientation to what to wear on the day of surgery.
- Our team created guidelines so that you know what will happen on the day of surgery, from the time you arrive at the hospital to when you return home. Learn more about what to expect day of surgery.
Find a Doctor
At Providence, you'll have access to a vast network of dedicated and compassionate providers who offer personalized care by focusing on treatment, prevention and health education.
Providence Children's Health of Oregon
A Leader in Caring for Kids – Serving Tens of Thousands of Children in Oregon Each Year.
At Providence Children’s Health, we understand children’s bodies and minds react differently than adults to injury, illness, medications and therapy. Our compassionate teams do everything they can to give your child the best possible experience. We offer everything from routine primary care to emergency and hospital care – for newborns, children and teens.
We value our network of referring physicians and make every effort to partner with providers and tailor treatment for each patient. Learn more about provider resources.
Free pregnancy and parenting app
Circle® is a free pregnancy and parenting app that provides useful health resources, top-notch pregnancy calculator and tools to help track ovulation, weight, blood pressure, and vaccinations. Enjoy easy access to program information, services and classes, too! Plus, when you connect to MyChart through Circle, you'll receive appointment reminders for you and your children. Learn more about the Circle app.