An emergency can come without warning. A fire. A fall. An accident. A stroke, a heart attack or symptoms that leave you scared. You need all the right people to offer all the right help, and fast. That’s our specialty at Providence Holy Family Hospital Emergency Center.
If the unthinkable happens, we’re ready. Doctors, nurses and others who specialize in emergency medicine deliver immediate high-level care every hour of every day. As a highly efficient, high-volume center, we provide prompt evaluation, prioritization and services to over 100 people every day.
At Providence Holy Family Hospital, we treat most every condition from sports injuries to heart attacks.
Our doctors diagnose and treat these and other conditions:
- Accidental injury and trauma
- Allergic reactions
- Animal bites
- Broken or injured bones
- Chest pain
- Cuts, injuries and bleeding wounds
- Drug or alcohol overdose
- Ear, eye, nose and facial injuries
- Heart and vascular (blood vessel) disease or trauma
- Infections and illness
- Irregular heartbeats
- Respiratory care for lung and breathing difficulties
- Severe pain, burns, injury or bleeding
- Stroke and other brain injuries
- Swallowing difficulties
- Toxic chemical exposures
- Uncontrolled vomiting or diarrhea
- Vision problems
In an emergency, everything happens faster — including evaluation and diagnosis. The Providence Holy Family Emergency Center is set up for precise and timely medical diagnosis and care.
Our large trauma rooms are fully equipped with the latest medical equipment and technology that save seconds when every second counts.
Features that enhance your emergency room care include:
- Automatic blood pressure machines
- Easy access to nursing stations for close patient observation and fast response
- Screens that can monitor heart functions from any patient room
- A decontamination bay for safe, separate treatment of at-risk patients, such as those with toxic chemical or infectious exposures
- Private treatment rooms
For convenience, safety and efficiency, the Providence Holy Family Emergency Center has separate entrances for ambulance and walk-in patients.
Separate triage areas help emergency doctors and nurses to treat people with the most serious illness or injury first. A designated social worker, patient advocate, bedside registration and volunteer assists you to be sure you get the help you need.
Within our Emergency Center, we have a separate area for the treatment of patients identified with minor illnesses called the Rapid Assessment Zone. When you arrive to the Emergency Center, you will be greeted by a nurse who will determine the area of care based on your need. Our Rapid Assessment Zone has all the advantages of the Emergency Department and is dedicated to having you in and out in a hurry.
The Rapid Assessment Zone is open seven days a week, 7 a.m. - 1 a.m.
Specialists and subspecialists across many areas of medicine help in emergency services whenever they are needed. They’re ready at any hour to open a blocked blood vessel or deliver an early baby.
The Providence emergency care team includes:
- Critical care nurses
- Emergency medical technicians (EMT)
- Emergency medicine doctors
- Heart and vascular surgeons
- Imaging technicians and technologists
- Medical social workers
- Nurse practitioners
- Orthopedic (muscle, bone and joint) surgeons
- Physical, occupational and speech therapists
- Plastic surgeons
- Respiratory therapists
- Trauma anesthesiologists
- Trauma nurses
- Triage nurses
- Trauma surgeons