Neurological and related symptoms can be subtle or severe. Sometimes, your head hurts, your back aches or you have a tremor that won’t quit. Maybe you can’t sleep at night or fill your lungs with fresh air when you step outside in the morning.
At Providence Holy Family Hospital, we diagnose and treat widely diverse symptoms and conditions, from tremors to tumors, as well as sleep disorders, spinal injuries and stroke.
Our neurology and pulmonology team includes neurosurgeons, respiratory therapists, sleep medicine doctors, physical medicine and rehabilitation doctors and other specialists. We provide medical and surgical care for your brain, spine, nerves and lungs.
At Providence Holy Family Hospital, brain, spine, lung and sleep doctors, nurses, physical therapists and others work as a well-coordinated team to diagnose and treat these and other conditions:
- Alzheimer’s disease and dementia
- Asthma, bronchitis, emphysema and lung disease
- Back, brain and neck injuries and conditions
- Epilepsy seizure disorders
- Head and neck tumors
- Head trauma
- Migraines, headaches and chronic pain
- Movement disorders, such as tremors, ataxia and Parkinson’s disease
- Multiple Sclerosis and other brain and spinal cord conditions
- Neurodegenerative diseases such as ALS and Huntington disease
- Open-skull injuries
- Sleep apnea, insomnia and other sleep disorders
- Spine fractures and injuries
- Stroke and cerebrovascular disease
Providence pulmonologists specialize in caring for chronic and critical lung diseases, respiratory or breathing conditions from asthma to emphysema and sleep apnea, which interrupts breathing during sleep.
Our respiratory therapists evaluate, treat and educate our patients, families and the community about breathing and lung-related conditions. We focus on helping you return to daily activities, improve your quality of life, learn how to manage symptoms and increase your endurance as you perform everyday tasks.
- Pulmonary function test (PFT)
- CO2 monitoring
- Pulse oximetry (measures oxygen in red blood cells)
- Treatment for acute respiratory failure or distress
- Airway management – including BiPap/CPAP therapies – to provide mechanical breathing assistance that helps sleep apnea and lung conditions
- Breathing exercises
- Home care teaching, including use of medical devices and therapies
Our respiratory care team will manage every detail, from equipment care to education and delivery of various types of breathing therapies and exercises.
- Aerosol administration
- Asthma care, including MDI spacer use
- Breathing exercise
- Bronchial hygiene
- Bronchodilator therapy
- CPT and postural drainage
- Home care instruction
- Home care teaching of aerosol therapy
- Incentive spirometry
- IPPB therapy
- Medical gas administration
- Oxygen administration
- Oxygen analysis and management
We provide an individually tailored exercise and educational program for conditions such as asthma, bronchitis, emphysema or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Our goal is for you to return to daily activities, improve quality of life, manage symptoms and increase stamina in completing everyday tasks.
At Providence Holy Family Hospital, our team includes specialists who work together to provide services and treatments – from evaluation through neurorehabilitation for conditions such as stroke, emphysema or other nerve, brain, spine or lung conditions.
Our treatments and services include:
- Blood and lab samples and testing
- Counseling, social services or chaplain support
- Diagnostic imaging
- Head trauma injury and treatment
- Pediatric neurological care
- Pharmacy services
- Pulmonary diagnosis, care and rehabilitation
- Sleep studies and sleep lab evaluation
- Stroke intervention and ICU
- Trauma care
- Interventional radiology
- Minimally invasive brain and spinal surgery
- Workplace injuries (brain and spine) evaluation and care
Sometimes the road to recovery can seem like it’s all uphill. We understand the struggles of relearning basic skills or healing that takes a while. Whatever therapies you need, we support you all the way. We’ll help you function and move more freely and easily so you can live as independently as possible when you go home.
Your neurorehabilitation care plan may include:
- Occupational therapy
- Physical therapy
- Speech-language therapy
A good night’s rest is the best way to start a new day. It’s also essential to your physical and mental health. At Providence Holy Family’s Sleep Center, sleep medicine specialists diagnose and treat insomnia and other sleep disorders.
It’s important to diagnose and treat sleep disorders. Some conditions, such as sleep apnea, are associated with an irregular heartbeat, high blood pressure, heart attack and stroke. In some instances, your doctor may require overnight observation in our sleep lab for close monitoring and diagnosis.
We evaluate and care for these and other sleep disorders:
- Sleep apnea
- Restless leg syndrome
- Sleepwalking and night terrors
- REM behavioral disorders
Specialists and subspecialists share their diverse skills, knowledge and experience to treat neurological and related conditions. The Providence care team includes:
- Critical care nurses
- Imaging technicians and technologists
- Medical social workers
- Neuro-interventional radiologists
- Nurse practitioners
- Physical, occupational and speech therapists
- Respiratory therapists
Find a Doctor
At Providence, you'll have access to a vast network of dedicated and compassionate providers who offer personalized care by focusing on treatment, prevention and health education.