Information for Patients
We want to make your visit as comfortable as possible. As a patient, you have rights.
For more information about preparing for your stay, what to expect during your stay and after, call 509-482-0111.
What to Bring
If you’re coming to Providence Holy Family Hospital for a scheduled procedure, your doctor’s staff will likely give you specific instructions on what to bring. If you have questions, ask your nurse for details.
For an overnight stay
- Photo ID and insurance card
- Co-payment (if required by your insurance plan)
- Full list of medications with dosages (including over-the-counter supplements)
- List of allergies (foods, medications, etc.)
- Copy of your advance directives
- Pajamas, robe, slippers
- Small appliances such as hair dryers, electric razors and small radios are permitted, but their use may be restricted in some areas.
These items aren’t allowed
- Heating pads
- Electric blankets
- Personal TVs, stereos or other devices that could disturb patients or staff
Do not bring medications & valuables
All medications you take while a patient at Providence Holy Family Hospital should be prescribed by your attending physician, dispensed by the hospital pharmacy and administered by a nurse. As a patient, you aren’t allowed to administer your own medications – including over-the-counter and herbal supplements – and you shouldn’t keep medication in your room unless ordered by a doctor.
Why are we so strict about this? It’s for your protection – and so we can deliver the best medical outcome possible. We need to know exactly which medications you’re taking so we can gauge how your body responds to them.
Please don’t bring valuables – such as jewelry – to the hospital. If you accidentally bring valuables to the hospital, please send them home with a friend or family member. Or, ask a staff member to put them in our safe. Note: Providence Holy Family Hospital is not responsible for lost items.
If you lose something, please notify your nurse immediately. We’ll make every effort to help you find it.