The decision to have surgery is a serious one. Though surgeries are safer now than ever before, it can still be scary. We understand your concerns and are here with state-of-the-art technology, innovative treatment options and a highly trained surgical staff to care for you throughout every step. Whether you need a minimally invasive procedure or require lifesaving emergency surgery, we are here for you.
Our surgical teams are available for a wide variety of procedures. Our specialties include:
- Obstetrics and gynecology
- General surgery
- Plastic surgery
- Thoracic surgery
- Weight loss surgery
- Robotic Procedures
- Cataract surgery
We understand that any type of surgery is a major disruption to your life and can be very stressful. We’re here to put your mind at ease and help you feel relaxed and comfortable through every step of your procedure so you can successfully heal.
A nurse may call you to talk about how to get ready for surgery. The nurse will go over everything you need to know about your specific procedure and confirm your current medications and allergies. After the call, you’ll know exactly what to expect on the day of your surgery.
We want to make sure all of your questions are answered, so spend a few minutes gathering your personal information before the call. This can include:
- A list of any questions you have about your surgery
- A list of health conditions, allergies or previous issues with anesthesia
- Medical and surgical history
- Your current medications
Please call us before your surgery if you:
- Take aspirin, anti-inflammatory medications or blood thinning medications. You might have to stop taking them before surgery.
- Have any unexpected medical issues like a cold, fever, cough or flu. If you’re sick, we might have to reschedule your procedure.
- Are diabetic. Your surgeon can give you specific instructions on what to do on the day of surgery.
If you're having an outpatient procedure, make sure there’s someone available to drive you home afterward. You'll also need someone to help you for 24 hours after you get home.
Find a Doctor
At Providence, you'll have access to a vast network of dedicated and compassionate providers who offer personalized care by focusing on treatment, prevention and health education.