Family Maternity Center
Family Maternity Center
Having a baby is one of life’s very special moments — which is not to say that it always happens without some nerves and a little worrying. At Providence Holy Family Hospital, we try to minimize the stress that comes with pregnancy and labor so that you can focus your attention on the joy of welcoming your new baby into your family.
We have the advanced technology to monitor your and your baby’s health before and after birth and we know just how to help if you need more support during labor or guidance as you start to breastfeed.
Our patient rooms offer ambient lighting to create a comfortable, relaxed atmosphere. You’ll labor, deliver and recover with your baby by your side all in the same room unless your little one needs some extra attention in our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU).
Because we know the day you give birth will be a special occasion for your family and friends too, our rooms large enough to accommodate plenty of visitors and include fold-out couches to allow a loved one to stay with you throughout the night.
You may wonder exactly what will happen when you arrive at the hospital for labor and delivery. Learn more about what you can expect before birth, after your baby’s arrival and when you’re ready to go home.
Touring the Family Maternity Center before you arrive to give birth may help you know what to expect. It can put you more at ease on the day of your delivery. We offer free, 30-minute guided tours each month. For upcoming dates and to register, please click here.
On site tours have been canceled; please take our virtual tour.
Providence offers a number of services to prepare you and your family for your little one’s arrival.
- Breastfeeding — Learn the steps to get started breastfeeding your baby. Cost is $25 and covers your partner’s attendance too. For upcoming dates and an online registration form, click here to learn about Breastfeeding.
- Childbirth class — Get all the details about labor, delivery, pain relief options and caring for your newborn. The class also provides an opportunity to connect with other pregnant women, share your experiences and get answers to your questions. Cost is $75 for two people (mom and coach). We accept Medicaid of Washington. For more information or to register, please call 509-474-2400. For upcoming dates and an online registration form, click here to learn about Childbirth Class.
- Infant/child CPR — Learn how to perform CPR on an infant or child. The class covers basic newborn care and first aid, including when to call 911. It’s ideal for parents, grandparents, babysitters or anyone who cares for children up to age 5. Cost is $30 for two people. You can get $10 off if you’re also taking our childbirth class. For upcoming dates or to register online, please click here to learn about infant/child CPR.
- Natural childbirth — Discover how special breathing, relaxation and comfort techniques may help you get through labor without medication or postpone an epidural. Cost is $30 for two people (mom and coach). Please bring two pillows and a blanket to the class. For upcoming dates and to register online, click here to learn about natural childbirth.
- Natural family planning — Learn how women can recognize the physical signs of fertility and use that information to help achieve or avoid pregnancy. The basic course consists of one class each month for three consecutive months. For more information or to register for classes, please call 509-474-2400.
- Download our free online booklet, All About Your Newborn, loaded with helpful information about caring for your newborn and keeping babies safe and healthy.
- Insurance for newborns — Most insurance plans that offer maternity benefits include well-baby care under the mother’s plan for the first 30 days following birth. However, you will have to enroll your baby in an insurance plan within 30 days. We recommend contacting your insurance provider directly for more information. If you receive your insurance coverage through your employer, you can also check with your human resources department.
Mother-Baby Time is our weekly support group for new moms. It gives you an opportunity to connect with others going through a similar experience. It can be comforting and reassuring to hear others’ challenges and how they deal with them.
Thu: Noon - 1 p.m.
Providence Holy Family Hospital
Health Education Center
5633 N. Lidgerwood St.
Spokane, WA 99208
Free pregnancy and parenting app
Circle® is a free pregnancy and parenting app that provides useful health resources, top-notch pregnancy calculator and tools to help track ovulation, weight, blood pressure, and vaccinations. Enjoy easy access to program information, services and classes, too!
From early pregnancy through your child’s toddler and teen years, Circle customizes information based on your family’s needs. Plus, when you connect to MyChart through Circle, you will receive appointment reminders for you and your children.