At Providence Mount Carmel Hospital, we’ve been meeting the health care needs of the people of Colville and the surrounding area for more than 100 years. Whether you require emergency care, are delivering a baby or find yourself needing surgery, we’re here, ready to help.
Our entire team, from our admissions staff and housekeepers to our nurses and hospitalists, is devoted to delivering exceptional care. We treat you with respect, keep you as safe and comfortable as possible and offer services you might expect to find only in a big-city hospital. Our goal is to get you well and get you home.
Acute care services we offer include:
- Aquatic physical therapy
- Arthroscopic surgery
- Assault and abuse services
- Cardiac imaging
- Diagnostic imaging
- Emergency services
- Heart & vascular
- Infusion & pharmacy services
- Inpatient pediatrics
- Inpatient rehabilitation
- Interventional radiology
- Joint replacement
- Maternity and birthing
- Nuclear medicine
- Occupational therapy
- Palliative care
- Physical therapy
- Respiratory carev
- Speech therapy
- Telestroke network
- Wound care
Our commitment to excellent patient care can be seen in the awards we’ve won:
- Breastfeeding Friendly Hospital — Bronze, Silver and Gold Recognition
- Top 20 Critical Access Hospital in America — National Rural Health Association, 2016
- Top 100 Critical Access Hospital (i-Vantage Health Analytics) and “Healthstrong Top Hospital,” 2014, 2013
- International Board-Certified Lactation Consultant Care Award, 2013
- Best Practice in Obstetrical Patient Care — Rural Health Quality Network, 2012
- Best Practice in Publicly Reporting Quality of Care — Rural Health Quality Network, 2012
- Excellence in Clinical Quality of Care for Acute Myocardial Infarction, Heart Failure, Pneumonia and Surgical Care Improvement — Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services and Premier Hospital Quality Incentive Demonstration, 2012
We welcome visitors to see our patients between 9 a.m. and 8:30 p.m. Because patients’ rooms sometimes change, we suggest checking at the nurses’ station to verify your loved one’s room number. In order to protect patients’ privacy, we ask that you do not remain in the hallway when waiting to see a patient.
Chaplains are available to assist patients and/or family members 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You may dial the hospital operator and ask to page the chaplain or leave a message at extension 5395. People of all faiths are also welcome to visit the Providence Dominican Chapel for prayer and personal meditation. The chapel is located on the second floor, above the main hospital entrance.
Providence is committed to working through any financial concerns you might have. Learn more about our financial assistance program and how to apply for help paying for your medical bills.
Advance directives are documents that allow you to specify your wishes for your medical care if you become seriously ill in the future and are unable to speak for yourself. They include a living will and a durable power of attorney for health care. Learn more about advance directives. You may also ask your doctor to document your wishes in your medical record.
For the health and safety of all, we are a smoke-free facility. We abide by Washington state law, which prohibits smoking in all indoor public places and workplaces as well as within 25 feet of any building entrance. We appreciate your compliance and understanding.
You can help support the work of Providence Mount Carmel Hospital by making a financial donation or donating your time.
Your generosity helps support the programs, services that impact the lives of our friends and neighbors. Learn more about our foundation.
Volunteers serve the hospital in a variety of ways, from providing clerical assistance and helping with fundraising activities to working in the gift shop and taking newborn baby photos.