Your doctor will provide you with the information you need before your surgery. This may occur during an office visit or during a phone consultation with a nurse. You can prepare for this meeting by gathering:
- A list of questions you have about your surgery
- A list of your current medications
- Your medical and surgical history
- Information about any allergies, previous anesthesia complications or serious health conditions
The nurse will:
- Outline our safety measures to identify you as the patient, your specific procedure and surgical site
- Verify your current medications and allergies
- Tell you what to expect on the day of your surgery
- Explain self-care at home after surgery
- Discuss any needed follow-up doctor visits or care
At Providence, we know the thought of facing any surgery can be scary. That’s why when you come to Mount Carmel Hospital, we do everything we can to make sure your surgery is as comfortable, safe and pleasant as possible. Our doctors and nurses will talk with you before and after your procedure to answer your questions, address any concerns and help you feel calm and relaxed.
We provide full service, advanced outpatient surgery for a variety of conditions, including general surgery and orthopedic and urologic needs.
We take your safety seriously. Our surgeons are experts who use leading-edge technology and equipment to give you the safest, most effective treatment.