Cardiovascular & Nuclear Medicine
Heart disease is the leading cause of death in the U.S. At Providence Mount Carmel Hospital we take that fact seriously. We offer a full range of services to prevent, diagnose and treat this condition so that you can have the best heart health possible.
Our experienced team works with you to evaluate your risk factors and develop a plan for addressing them that’s based on your needs. We offer some of the most sophisticated diagnostic and imaging tools available, including nuclear medicine.
Because we’re supported by an extensive team of Providence specialists, we make sure to get you the help you need, when and where you need it. We pledge to care for you and your heart with thoughtful, attentive service so that you can live life to the fullest.
Our comprehensive heart and vascular services include:
- Assistance with lifestyle modification
- Carotid, peripheral or renal angiography
- Complex cholesterol management
- Echocardiography and stress testing
- Evaluation and treatment of cardiac arrhythmias
- Evaluation and treatment of complex blood pressure management
- Evaluation and treatment of heart failure and cardiomyopathies
- Evaluation and treatment of valvular heart disease
- Holter and event monitoring
- Nuclear cardiology
- Risk assessment
- Structural heart disease treatments
Here at Providence Mount Carmel Hospital, we offer nuclear medicine imaging, a tool not always available at other rural facilities. It allows us to:
- Assess blood flow to your heart
- Evaluate how well your heart is pumping
- Identify a heart attack
For this test, we inject small, safe amounts of a radioactive material into your bloodstream. A special camera and computer then detect the material as it moves through your heart and provides very clear images. These images help us evaluate your heart’s structure and function.
Sometimes, we do these tests while you exercise, or after giving medication that makes your heart work harder, as it would during physical activity.
Members of our team who may assist in providing your care include:
- Echocardiography/vascular technologists
- Nuclear medicine technologists
- Registered nurses