Heart and Vascular Center
If you suffer a heart attack or your heart stops beating suddenly, every second matters.
At Providence St. Mary Heart and Vascular Center, we stand at the ready all day every day to fight for your life during a cardiac emergency.
We are the only Level 1 cardiac center in Walla Walla, which means we are the best facility in the region to provide rapid diagnosis and treatment. Our emergency center is staffed at all times with doctors who are board-certified in emergency medicine. Our interventional cardiologists are also ready 24/7. These experts use advanced imaging and techniques to evaluate, diagnose and treat you.
Our Level 1 designation was awarded by the Washington State Emergency Cardiac and Stroke System.
- Arrhythmia (including atrial fibrillation, bradycardia, conduction disorders, premature contraction, tachycardia, ventricular fibrillation)
- Blockages due to plaque buildup inside arteries
- Cardiac arrest
- Congenital abnormalities with the heart and blood vessels
- Coronary artery disease
- Heart attack
- Heart failure
- Heart palpitations
- High blood pressure
- Lightheadedness, fainting, dizziness
Whether you need emergency treatment or ongoing care for your heart and vascular system, we will take excellent care of you at Providence Heart and Vascular Center.
Our specialists perform many treatments and services, including:
- Cardioversion to restore abnormally fast hearts to normal rhythms
- Emergency coronary stents and angioplasty for treatment of heart attacks caused by blockages
- Implantation of loop recorders to record the electrical activity of the heart
- Pacemaker insertion and maintenance
To diagnose and treat your condition, doctors in our Heart and Vascular Center may use a variety of procedures, including the following:
- Cardiac catheterization
- Cardiac imaging
- Cardiac rehabilitation
- Cardiac stress test
- Echocardiography (Echo)
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)
- Implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD)
- Interventional cardiology
- Nuclear stress test
At the Heart and Vascular Center, you will get the very best care. Depending on your medical issue, your care team may include:
- Clinical cardiologists — evaluate your condition, recommend a treatment plan, and help you learn to manage your heart health
- Interventional cardiologists — use imaging and nonsurgical techniques to diagnose and treat heart conditions
- Interventional radiologists — use imaging and minimally invasive procedures to diagnose and treat issues with organs and blood vessels
- Radiologists — use medical imaging to diagnose and treat injuries and diseases
- Vascular surgeons — treat problems involving blood vessels
Your care team might also include others at nearby healthcare facilities:
- Cardiac surgeons — perform surgery to correct problems with the heart
- Electrophysiologists — study the electrical activity of the heart
- Thoracic surgeons — operate on the heart and lungs