The Mount wouldn’t be what it is today without your support. From the very beginning of our history in the early 1900’s, neighbors in our community donated their money and time to create a safe place for older adults to live and receive care. St. Vincent Home for the Aged – now Providence Mount St. Vincent – was built entirely through donated materials and philanthropic support.
The Providence Mount St. Vincent Foundation offers financial assistance to residents who have outlived their resources. The Foundation also supports capital needs for special projects and equipment. Your generous gifts support a wide range of programs and services such as art, music and laughter therapy, to enrich the quality of life for all who call The Mount their home.
- Donate online
- Donate by phone: 206-938-6194
Whether you can volunteer for a few hours a month or a few hours a week, we have an opportunity for you to work in an area that brings you great personal satisfaction.
Volunteers promote the physical and spiritual health and well-being of our residents. Volunteering at The Mount is a great way to make new friends, help other people, develop new skills and be part of a vital, caring community with a national reputation for excellence.
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Visit one-on-one with residents and patients
- Provide TLC for patients in the Transitional Care Unit
- Accompany residents on field trips and community outings
- Provide support to administrative departments
- Help residents write or record oral histories
- Help with the Music & Memory program
- Help with the Intergenerational Art Classes
- Escort residents to and from the hair salon
- Be a “Fresh Air Friend” and take residents outside on nice days
- Bring in your well-behaved pet to provide pet therapy
- Help with multigenerational groups (ladies luncheon, men’s group, Veteran’s group)
- Lead or co-lead a variety of recreational activities
- Read to children at the Intergenerational Learning Center
- Work in the Emilie’s Treasures Thrift Boutique or in the Gift Shop
- Some volunteers design their own volunteer experience by sharing their unique talents and interests
Volunteers help us make The Mount the best it can be! Residents and program participants look forward to the companionship of volunteers and true friendships develop. In addition, having extra hands to help with simple tasks or simply seeing a warm smile on a volunteer’s face brightens the day.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer at The Mount, please complete the forms below and email us to schedule an interview appointment. If you have questions, please call 206-937-3701 ext 28170.
- Volunteer application
- Background disclosure form
- Background check authorization form
- Background check application
Volunteers are required to be immunized against influenza if they wish to volunteer during flu season (October to April). Severe egg allergy documented by a physician and religious objections are the only exceptions to the policy.