Transitional Care Unit
Our transitional care (sub-acute*) unit (TCU) is designed for a short-term stay with the goal to transition individuals from the hospital to home, assisted living, or to long term care. It is Medicare approved.
We treat many different conditions such as orthopedic injuries including fractured hip, neurological injuries such as strokes, and post acute rehabilitation following surgery, such as a total knee replacement, just to name a few.
Our Transitional Care Neighborhood provides
- Skilled nursing services and a dedicated team of professionals
- Respectful and compassionate care based on your individual needs and preferences
- Collaboration with you, your family and healthcare providers to develop a plan that supports you and your recovery
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Speech therapy
- Vibrant intergenerational community of residents, staff, volunteers and children
- Options for food and a variety of dining locations
- Full access to Providence Mount St. Vincent's amenities
- Telephone, cable and TV, wireless internet
Explore the TCU
For more information about Medicare/Medicaid, check out their website.
* "Subacute" is a term used to describe care that does not require hospitalization, but cannot be given in a lesser setting such as home or a custodial care setting. Generally, it is care provided after a stay in the hospital following an illness or after surgery.