Providence Regional Cancer Partnership
One-stop care for cancer patients and their families pairing state-of-the art technology and medicine with a highly personalized team approach—all close to home.
At the Providence Regional Cancer Partnership, we treat the whole person – mind, body and spirit. Whether you have early signs of breast cancer or advanced lung cancer symptoms, you can trust that you’ll get the best treatment available. You can expect:
If you’ve been diagnosed with cancer, it’s helpful to know that you’ll never be alone. Your care team will be by your side every step of the way. We have a team of highly specialized experts who work together to get you the best care. Your care team includes doctors, dietitians, counselors, social workers, spiritual care providers and others (naturopaths, acupuncturists, and more).
Our facility houses the most advanced technology and equipment. It’s designed with your well-being in mind. Throughout the space, we feature artwork that our patients have chosen for its healing effects. Our warm environment helps you relax as much as possible – so you can focus on getting well and feeling better. Other features of our facility include:
- Convenient free parking for easy access to services
- A covered patient drop-off
- Floor-to-ceiling windows that provide natural light
- Comfortable home-like furniture and fireplaces
- Panoramic mountain views
- A rooftop garden and other greenery that add to the peaceful surroundings
We know that cancer can take a major physical toll on your body. But it also can also be taxing emotionally, mentally and spiritually. We offer support services to help you through cancer treatment and recovery. Most of our services are located at our facility, so you don’t have to travel far. We also have support services for cancer survivors.
- Learn more about getting started as a patient
- Read a few of our inspiring survivor stories
- View our Fast Facts document
When you’re diagnosed with cancer, insurance coverage can be a major concern. But it shouldn’t consume your time and energy. We accept most health insurance plans, and our financial counselors are here to help address any questions you or your family may have. Throughout your care, we keep insurance and billing as simple as possible.
We specialize in treating many different types of cancer and blood disorders. We also do cancer screenings – such as colonoscopy tests and scans that find the first signs of breast cancer. Specific conditions we treat include:
- AIDS-related cancers
- Bladder cancer
- Bone cancer
- Brain tumors
- Breast cancer
- Cervical cancer
- Colon cancer
- Endometrial cancer
- Esophageal cancer
- Gallbladder cancer
- Gastrointestinal tumors
- Gestational trophoblastic cancer
- Head and neck cancer
- Hodgkin’s lymphoma
- Kidney cancer
- Liver cancer
- Lung cancer
- Lymphoma cancer
- Malignant mesothelioma
- Multiple myeloma
- Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma
- Ovarian cancer
- Pancreatic cancer
- Prostate cancer
- Skin cancer
- Soft tissue sarcoma
- Uterine cancer
Download a Patient Notebook to help you keep track of your journey.
We want you to get the cancer treatment that’s best for you. First, you’ll meet with a doctor who has deep expertise in your type of cancer. They will work closely with you to create a personalized treatment plan. They’ll also explain all options, so you can make an informed choice about your cancer care. We take a team approach to cancer treatment. This gives you access to the skills and experience of several health care providers. We offer:
We use the “gold standard” for cancer treatment, following The National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) Guidelines. Your treatment plan may include:
We’ve invested in new technology that delivers targeted treatment for your cancer and its symptoms. Some of our technology includes:
- Accuray – A device that offers a new way to deliver radiation treatment for cancer. It allows oncologists to adjust and customize radiation to the size, shape and location of the cancer tumor. There are currently only two of these devices in the state.
- Brachytherapy – A type of radiation therapy used to treat prostate cancer, cervical cancer and endometrial cancers.
- Linear accelerator (LINAC) and Varian LINAC – A device that gives radiation to destroy cancer cells while not hurting the surrounding normal tissue.
- PET/CT scanners – Machines that help oncologists find and assess tumors inside the body. These scans help with diagnosing cancer and seeing how the cancer responds to treatment.
- Video assisted thoracoscopic surgery – This is a minimally invasive alternative to open thoracic surgery. It’s for patients with lung cancer and other lung diseases. Surgeons use fewer incisions to complete the procedure, which leads to faster recovery.
Patients have access to a variety of clinical trials. Patients who volunteer for clinical trials often gain access to the most cutting-edge therapies. About 10% of all our patients with cancer are enrolled in a clinical trial. Your care team will work with you to see if a clinical trial is available and the best option for your specific type of cancer.
- Commission on Cancer (CoC) accredited program
- Outstanding Achievement Award from the American College of Surgeons’ Commission on Cancer (2013 and 2016; awarded every three years)
- Accredited Breast Center: National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers under the American College of Surgeons
- All PRCP physicians follow National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) guidelines
- Quality Oncology Practice Initiative Certified Practice (QOPI®)
We believe that the best cancer care goes beyond treating the cancer in your body. It also includes supporting your mental health and spiritual health. At the Providence Regional Cancer Partnership, we offer resources and support services, so you get all the care you need during treatment, recovery and survivorship. We have a range of support services at our facility:
- Acupuncture — This may help relieve cancer symptoms and side effects of treatment, such as nausea, fatigue and stress.
- Cancer Resource Center — You can visit a patient navigator, find the latest information about cancer tests or treatments and learn about clinical trials here.
- Counseling services — Our counselors help you navigate your diagnosis and communicate with your family. They address end-of-life concerns and more.
- Financial counseling — Our financial counselors can help you verify insurance benefits, ease your concerns about a payment plan for treatment and obtain outside help if needed.
- Healing Spirit Boutique — Cancer patients can get free wigs, hats and cosmetics here. The boutique is located just off our main entrance lobby and is usually open weekdays, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Hypnosis and meditation — This treatment uses relaxation techniques to enhance your physical and emotional health.
- Naturopathic medicine — This approach uses diet, exercise, lifestyle changes and natural therapies to improve your body’s ability to fight disease and decrease treatment side effects.
- Nutrition services — Our nutritionists can help you learn what foods strengthen your immune system, improve your energy and help you maintain a healthy weight.
- Palliative care — Our palliative care experts help people dealing with a serious illness manage symptoms and improve their quality of life.
- Spiritual care — Professionally trained and board-certified chaplains are available to help you and your family with any emotional or spiritual aspects of your treatment. We respect the cultural and spiritual diversity of all our patients.
- Support groups and classes — We offer many groups and classes as valuable sources of information, encouragement and support. Learn more about our support groups and classes.