The inpatient neurology program at Providence treats hospitalized patients with illness or injuries to the brain, spine, and peripheral nervous system.
We have an outpatient neurology clinic coming soon.
Your brain and nervous system are an intricate network of electrical signals that make you who you are and allow you to sense the world around you and control your entire body.
We are a nationally-recognized Primary Stroke Center of Excellence, routinely receiving the AHA’s highest honors -- the Gold Plus Honor Roll Elite Plus status in caring for complex stroke patients. We care for approximately 700 stroke cases/year.
We have Snohomish County’s only dedicated Epilepsy Monitoring Unit, with specialized care to safely and effectively diagnose and treat seizure disorders.
Our surgeons, neurologists, and physiatrists are a part of the Providence Regional Medical Center Neurosciences Institute, which means that you get expert care throughout every phase of your treatment.
Our neurology team offers care for a wide range of neurologic conditions, including:
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, also known as Lou Gehrig’s disease
- Cerebral palsy
- Cognitive impairment
- Cranial nerve disorders such as Bell’s palsy, trigeminal neuralgia, double vision, and vertigo
- Dementia and memory loss other than Alzheimer’s disease
- Encephalitis, meningitis, and other infections of the nervous system
- Encephalopathy and altered mental status
- Epilepsy and seizures
- Guillain-Barré syndrome
- Migraines and other headache disorders
- Movement disorders such as Huntington’s disease, ataxia, and tremors
- Multiple sclerosis
- Muscular dystrophy
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Parkinson’s disease
- Peripheral nervous system disorders such as peripheral neuropathy
- Spinal cord disorders such as transverse myelitis
- Stroke and other cerebrovascular diseases
Our inpatient neurology specialists offer a range of services, including:
- Neurology consult service for the emergency room and hospital, as well as phone support to outlying hospitals and urgent care providers, for the management of the above diverse range of acute and chronic neurological diseases, including immediate emergency consultations for all suspected acute strokes.
- Advanced imaging, including MRI, CT, perfusion, and PET scans
- Inpatient and outpatient EEGs, continuous bedside EEG monitoring, an Epilepsy Monitoring Unit, and Evoked Potential services
- Lumbar puncture diagnostic services
- Transcranial doppler exams
- We work closely with physiatry, who provide EMG and nerve conduction services to our patients with neuromuscular disorders.
- Besides our own neurosurgeons and orthopedic surgeons, we also work closely with vascular surgery for carotid revascularization procedures