Of all your organs, the brain is the most complex. Its billions of cells are responsible for controlling everything that you think and do. Neurologists diagnose and treat all types of diseases and impairments of the brain, as well as the spinal cord, the nerves and the blood vessels and muscles related to these structures.
Our Providence Medical Group Neurology team is committed to respectfully listening to your story, performing a complete exam, working hard to make a diagnosis, and spending time with you to educate and involve you in the treatment process.
- Neuromuscular disorders including spine disorders, Radicular syndromes and spinal injuries
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Headaches and migraines
- Movement disorders including Parkinson’s and tremors
- Dementia including Alzheimer’s, Lewybody dementia and other dementias
- Neurodegenerative disorders
- Traumatic brain injury
- Stroke and TIA
- Encephalitis and encephalopathy
- Electro diagnostic studies to diagnose muscle and nerve disorders
- Botox for migraines
- Occipital nerve blocks
Your brain and nervous system are an intricate network of electrical signals that make you who you are and allow you to sense the world around you and control your entire body.
The inpatient neurology program at Providence treats hospitalized patients with illness or injuries to the brain, spine and peripheral nervous system.
We are a nationally-recognized Primary Stroke Center of Excellence, routinely receiving the AHA’s highest honors – the Gold Plus Honor Roll Elite Plus status in caring for complex stroke patients. We care for approximately 700 stroke cases each year.
We have Snohomish County’s only dedicated Epilepsy Monitoring Unit, with specialized care to safely and effectively diagnose and treat seizure disorders.
Our surgeons, neurologists and physiatrists are a part of the Providence Regional Medical Center Neurosciences Institute, which means that you get expert care throughout every phase of your treatment.
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, also known as Lou Gehrig’s disease
- Cerebral palsy
- Cognitive impairment
- Cranial nerve disorders such as Bell’s palsy, trigeminal neuralgia, double vision and vertigo
- Dementia and memory loss other than Alzheimer’s disease
- Encephalitis, meningitis, and other infections of the nervous system
- Encephalopathy and altered mental status
- Epilepsy and seizures
- Guillain-Barré syndrome
- Migraines and other headache disorders
- Movement disorders such as Huntington’s disease, ataxia and tremors
- Multiple sclerosis
- Muscular dystrophy
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Parkinson’s disease
- Peripheral nervous system disorders such as peripheral neuropathy
- Spinal cord disorders such as transverse myelitis
- Stroke and other cerebrovascular diseases
- Neurology consult service for the emergency room and hospital, as well as phone support to outlying hospitals and urgent care providers, for the management of the above diverse range of acute and chronic neurological diseases, including immediate emergency consultations for all suspected acute strokes
- Advanced imaging, including MRI, CT, perfusion and PET scans
- Inpatient and outpatient EEGs, continuous bedside EEG monitoring, an Epilepsy Monitoring Unit and Evoked Potential services
- Lumbar puncture diagnostic services
- Transcranial doppler exams
- We work closely with physiatry, who provide EMG and nerve conduction services to our patients with neuromuscular disorders
- Besides our own neurosurgeons and orthopedic surgeons, we also work closely with vascular surgery for carotid revascularization procedures
At Providence Regional Medical Center Everett, our specialists provide complete care, from diagnosis through stroke rehabilitation. We routinely achieve exceptional stroke outcomes as noted in publicly reported data.
We also reach out throughout the year to educate communities about what to know and do when every minute matters.
Awards & Recognition
Find a Doctor
At Providence, you'll have access to a vast network of dedicated and compassionate providers who offer personalized care by focusing on treatment, prevention and health education.